Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:53:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April 21st FGA presentation  (Read 9138 times)
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #15 on: 23 April, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »

With rear wheel drive? Bloody hell whatever next - that'll never be a Lancia  Grin

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
westernlancia
Lapsed

Appia S1 - 2006 Turin centenary Car of the Century

« Reply #16 on: 24 April, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »

To me Fiat is one of the global brands that has really turned itself around. After all it's not long since they were knocking out awful cars like the Stilo. Now I fear that the Chrysler move could very much mirror the Lloyds-HBOS scenario, at least in the short to medium term.

As ever, Sniffpetrol goes straight to the heart of the matter (second item down - FIAT DETAILS FUTURE DISAPPOINTMENT STRATEGY):

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2010, 10:58:41 PM by westernlancia » Logged

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #17 on: 24 April, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »

With rear wheel drive? Bloody hell whatever next - that'll never be a Lancia  Grin

Hey, wait a minute! Until 1960 they were ALL rear wheel drive! The reason I am into Appias is BECAUSE they are rear-wheel drive. The steering of the Series 1 Appia is the most sublime thing I have ever experienced (you can steer it with one finger). It is incredible. No way you will ever have steering like that with FWD (although I agree that Fulvias, and also Betas, have the best non-powered FWD steering that I have ever experienced!).

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2010, 10:56:07 PM by westernlancia » Logged

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #18 on: 24 April, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »

I know....I just wanted to be the first to draw the inevitable "that's not a Lancia" line in the sand....to go along with the 1995 line (that's not an Integrale you know...), the 1970 line (a Beta?.....thats not a Lancia), the 1955 line (Nothing to do with the Lancia family that car you know...) and the 1937 line (There's no Vincenzo in that car ....). Where would we be without them  Grin

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #19 on: 24 April, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

I know....I just wanted to be the first to draw the inevitable "that's not a Lancia" line in the sand....to go along with ...... the 1955 line (Nothing to do with the Lancia family that car you know...)

See my forum signature...

Cheers

Alan

oldcaraccessories.com
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 25 April, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »

See Vauxhall /Opel are claiming a great new idea for the New Meriva, as the rear doors are hinged at the back Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 25 April, 2010, 08:10:01 AM »

Badging as Chrysler in the UK is simply down to economics. Chrysler already have a presence in the UK, whether it has a great reputation or not. Lancia would still have to be launched as a new start up alon with all the publicity money required to persuade people with long memories that they don't rust. The Delta launch was cancelled due to the recession, not the best time to relaunch a marque - nothing has changed, marketing conditions are still crap and most likely will be for a long time

I used to believe that no RHD market was not an issue, cars are designed to be LHD first and foremost with the RHD version an afterthought, customer service is sooooooooo much better in Europe than in the UK, and the EU dealer networks get the placement of Lancia in the market place just so much better than we ever would over here. Unfortunately since Gordon trashed the £ buying a car in Euros has become prohibitively expensive - the UK is now the cheapest place in EU to buy a new car

As someone who has bought three post-UK Lancias, I worry I might not be able to buy another

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #22 on: 25 April, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »

See Vauxhall /Opel are claiming a great new idea for the New Meriva, as the rear doors are hinged at the back Roll Eyes

WOW! That's an original idea! Bringing out a new small car with rear-hinged doors is very clever.

Perhaps for the next one they could miss out the centre pillar, and then - oooh, let's think - perhaps they could design a clever front suspension using sliding pillars.

And perhaps they could learn to build their cars like beautiful little jewellery boxes, with hand-crafted parts and fantastic engineering...

Nah, on second thoughts, I don't think that's going to fly chez Vauxhall-Opel...

Wink

Cheers

Alan

oldcaraccessories.com
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 25 April, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »

WOW! That's an original idea! Bringing out a new small car with rear-hinged doors is very clever.

Perhaps for the next one they could miss out the centre pillar, and then - oooh, let's think - perhaps they could design a clever front suspension using sliding pillars.

And perhaps they could learn to build their cars like beautiful little jewellery boxes, with hand-crafted parts and fantastic engineering...

Nah, on second thoughts, I don't think that's going to fly chez Vauxhall-Opel...

Wink

Cheers

Alan
Do I note a slight touch of sarcasm somewhere there Grin

Brian 8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
toby2449
« Reply #24 on: 25 April, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »

so, if Chryslers are just going to be re-badged Lancia, & vise versa, if Chrysler were to launch the Delta in the good ol' USA, would we get it here??!!

& if future Chryslers are basically lancias, would anyone on here buy one, wouldn't it just be like Opel & Vauxhall??

Just on a point made earlier, yes it is true that FGA don't have a controlling stake in Chrysler LLC (20% at the moment raising to 35% in time) FGA do have full control of the company, Sergio Merchoinne is Chrysler CEO,he & his team make all the decisions, FGA have in effect taken over Chrysler LLC.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd