Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:38:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nardi Intake Manifold for 2C  (Read 3378 times)
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« on: 03 April, 2010, 09:30:26 AM »

Never seen one of these before - a tuning part for a 2C. At a starting bid of $800 someone's got to really want it, but interesting none the less.

* 2C1.jpg (77.34 KB, 819x460 - viewed 361 times.)

* 2C2.jpg (71.91 KB, 819x460 - viewed 342 times.)

* 2C3.jpg (73.2 KB, 819x460 - viewed 363 times.)

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Neil Lewis
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »

This would be the part required to compete using a post-67 Fulvia on night rallies where more than two carburettor chokes have been banned for many a long year.  On top of the $800 you'd need a new twin-choke carburettor too.

The stupidest thing about this rule is that, in order to comply, the car becomes a modified vehicle.

Neil
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »

This would be the part required to compete using a post-67 Fulvia on night rallies where more than two carburettor chokes have been banned for many a long year.  On top of the $800 you'd need a new twin-choke carburettor too.

The stupidest thing about this rule is that, in order to comply, the car becomes a modified vehicle.

Neil

now I think I understand why if your going to rally a 2c, a pre 1967 car is desirable, can the pre 1967 still use it's 2 x twin choke solexes? or even Dellorto's?
 If you had to use a single twin choke with this Nardi intake manifold, would it be easier and less costly to use the twin choke downdraught carburettor from a Fulvia Berlina Normale and it's intake manifold? might not be as efficient, but perhaps it would get around the rules.

The new silver paint job doesn't hide the poor condition of the mounting face though on this manifold.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil Lewis
« Reply #3 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »

No idea on any of those Brian.  I only ever entered my Fulvia in "modern" navigational rallies where the engine rules don't apply.  But in order to compete at night in Historic rallies you must have no more that two chokes.  I guess a twin-choke downdraught would fit the bill.

Now the rule makers have changed the modern car rules to ban turbos from (almost) everything which happens at night so my Integrale only goes out on club 12 car rallies nowadays.  Progress I guess cos at least 400bhp Subarus and Mitsubishis aren't allowed out either but neither are small engined turbo diesel cars!!!

Neil
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »

No idea on any of those Brian.  I only ever entered my Fulvia in "modern" navigational rallies where the engine rules don't apply.  But in order to compete at night in Historic rallies you must have no more that two chokes.  I guess a twin-choke downdraught would fit the bill.

Now the rule makers have changed the modern car rules to ban turbos from (almost) everything which happens at night so my Integrale only goes out on club 12 car rallies nowadays.  Progress I guess cos at least 400bhp Subarus and Mitsubishis aren't allowed out either but neither are small engined turbo diesel cars!!!

Neil

The rules on the number of chokes seem a bit odd if 4 chokes is what the car came with in it's original spec form, any idea why?
Think it must be very difficult to try to draw up rules these days for modern cars considering the plethora of small and large forced injection arrangements available!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #5 on: 20 April, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »

Seems to me that historic rallies must be noisier Huh? as i used to rally one of my old Fulvias on night events round here. But 1 scrutineer who i had problems with in the past(nothing to do with rallying), decided to tell me that i could'nt run in an event, due to not having enough throttle return springs, i said i have, he argued in front of a few people watching, i said show me the springs then, he started pulling the chokes, i had great delight in telling him they were the chokes, and i then showed him the 3 return springs on the the throttles, Cool Cool he went as red as the car.  RESULT

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd