Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia sponsored horse race?  (Read 2618 times)
lee69
« on: 12 February, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »

I was delivering to a customer's house this afternoon and spotted a framed poster in her hallway. It's for Chantilly racecourse and it was the word LANCIA in what appears to be the Lancia font that jumped out at me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80688018@N00/4351559983/
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2010, 01:51:34 AM »

I was delivering to a customer's house this afternoon and spotted a framed poster in her hallway. It's for Chantilly racecourse and it was the word LANCIA in what appears to be the Lancia font that jumped out at me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80688018@N00/4351559983/

Hi Lee,
Very interesting poster, any idea of the date?
See my thread 12th December 2009 "Did You Know" under Fulvia, where I explored the relationship between Fulvia Colour names and Racecourses Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lee69
« Reply #2 on: 13 February, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Morning Brian, I'm helping her tidy her garden on Monday so will ask her then.

Her house is full of interesting pictures - her late husband raced Austin Sevens and Frazer Nashes, she has a genuine AC Cobra stored somewhere and there's a racing kart in the garage where I sometimes leave my vegboxes! It never ceases to amaze me of the automotive oddities that are squirreled away on customers' properties - one has a Triumph Stag that I've watched disintegrate on her drive and an early 60's Merc saloon in a wooden garage which leans at a worrying angle. I come across lots of MGs, Bs and Midgets, a reflection of the classic car world. A German lady has a Mini Moke, one has a 1 previous owner early 70's Opel Ascona (for sale if interested) and one customer has successfully littered his mum's drive with a collection of Mk 1 VW Golfs - and we thought Betas rusted!. My favourite is a 1965 VW 1200, owned by the guy that's doing the body on my 2C. By all accounts the 2C looks "easy" (his words not mine!) compared to the plethora of curves on a Beetle. I also deliver to a customer with a Lamborghini - but it's not a Gallardo or a Countach, but this one: http://bit.ly/97azDZ - it does say "evo" on it.....

I'm just waiting for the day when I'm asked if I want to take away the "old car" in the garage - only to find something special with a Lancia badge on the grille!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 13 February, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »

Good Morning Lee,
Thank you for the information,I suspect the poster is from the 1960's-70's era when Fulvias were new.
"fay"  was found in a shed on the original owners property, through the archway that led to a large garden at the rear. as are all good barn finds!
You should have been around in the 1950's when there were some real bargains to be had, as many old cars were just bangers, and could be had for a song, while even some nicer ones weren't that expensive. One in particular springs to mind, back in the late 1950's sitting outside in the road for sale, of a little garage in Baldock, was a lovely Bugatti T35? 
My brother and myself looked at, & turned down, a very nice SS100 Jaguar in a little back street garage in Leighton Buzzard Angry I wish I'd had my crystal Ball with at the time!
How is your 2c coming along as it seems a long time, it's hard waiting to get them back as "Fay" was 2 years in the process, and it seemed forever,so much so that I got fed up with waiting and bought a series 1 1.3 Rallye Coupe off of Michael Newberry, when he was selling off some of his collection, only to be faced with the the horrible decision after 2 years, when "Fay" was ready for the road, Which one do I keep Cry as I couldn't afford to keep both of them as well as our everyday cars, which at the time were  the elefantino Rosso that we'd just bought from Holland, and Dedra No2 a 1994 LS that I'd taken in part exchange for my first series 3 Thema, Big mistake Cry.
Probably just me, but I've never really liked VW beetles, I got into one in my youth and thought, this is stupid, I can't even shut the door without slamming it, in my youthful ignorance, unaware of what this signified.
As far as the Lamborghini's concerned it's a case of back to your roots for the answer.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd