Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:45:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota  (Read 8487 times)
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: 09 February, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »

Thats a bit strong. Taken to the extreme I would still trust my life to a Toyota Land Cruiser rather than a Range Rover.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Zagato

« Reply #16 on: 09 February, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »

"All manufacturers do the same thing regarding fuel economy?"

As far as the UK is concerned I thought that all manufacturers had to comply with a Government controlled standardised test regarding fuel economy figures .... in fact it could be a European standard test .... I'm not sure. As for the US ... well thats another story ...

So I think that this almost damning statement is very misleading and somewhat unfair to say the least

I've just had a week away ... and my father used my car for the week ... the average fuel consumption went up from my normal 30mpg to nearly 35mpg ... cant think why? and most of his driving was urban ... as apposed to my mainly rural driving ...

It's a 'guide' based on a standardised test ... because no two drivers drive the same roads in the same way, at the same time etc etc
I really must remember to take that lump of lead out of my right boot - perhaps I could get 35mpg+? But would I enjoy it?Huh???
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #17 on: 09 February, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »

well that's the problem with an average: 50% can better it, 50% will be worse.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Zagato

« Reply #18 on: 09 February, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »

Just right Nick

Its about the best you'll get in an imperfect world

Anyway who would buy an Integrale and be worrying about the fuel economy?
I didn't when I had one ... I was more worried about losing the licence!!!

Just drive it and enjoy it
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: 10 February, 2010, 08:35:27 AM »

The difference between Toyoto and other manufacturers is the way they market the product, pretending to be so holy and clever. Fact is, unless you live and drive within a city enviroment its fuel returns are less than say an equivalent  Focus or Golf diesel, and the car carries a hefty price premium. When you also take into account build cost, transport from factory to point of sale, repair and end of life costs the sums dont add up. Even the emission advantage is questionable now that most if not all small diesels such as blue motion Volkswagens are equipped with particle catching whatsits. Plain fact is Toyota is trying to tell us they are saving the world. Its not true.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Zagato

« Reply #20 on: 10 February, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »

I couldnt agree more ...

So not all manufacturers are the same - with that also I would agree

Which was the point I picked up on from Peters earlier post
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd