Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:55:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volumex Supercharger  (Read 3601 times)
dozza
« on: 18 January, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »

Dear all,

There is a supercharger listed on e-bay item no 220542091577, i may bid on it as a spare for my coupe but if somebody needs it to complete their project let me know and i wont bid, seems silly to start a bidding war with a fellow member.
There is also a red HPE for spares or repair item no 160395961140.

I have been busy with my coupe over the last month or so, carb rebuild etc, still chasing a problem, fuel starvation i think, will keep you all up to date over the next few weeks.

All the best

Lee.
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Lee, fuel starvation is a problem I suspect in the fuel tank, there is a fine gauze filter inside which you can just see via the sender unit aperture which becomes clogged and cannot deliver enough fuel to the carb.  I can supply more details if you need, as we have had the same issue on a VX too.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
dozza
« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2010, 05:51:40 PM »

Thanks for the tip Neil,

I am going to drop the fuel tank next and drill the filter to enlarge the holes etc, possibly fit a filter between tank and new fuel pump (still waiting on delivery of pump) if room allows, also going to replace all fuel lines to eliminate any foreign objects, do you know if any of the regulators are available or after market versions that are the same spec etc ?
Still on my steep learning curve so all advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Lee
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »

Lee, I don't think the regulators are available anymore, well not new, I suspect they are unique to the car or possibly with the 037(!). 

Remember the VX is the same as IE model with a Bosch injection pump by the rear cross member until the plumbing reaches the front, with various one-way valves, regulators and scavenge pumps drops the fuel pressure to acceptable limit for the rather crude Weber carb on the supercharger. You can test the pump off the car beware it will drench you in petrol if you are not prepared! 

Refitting the pump is pretty time consuming, check the outlet pipe to the pump from the tank, they can turn brittle or split, we found a piece of rubber jammed in the pump. You will notice the fuel pump only works when the relay is triggered by sufficient oil pressure on the engine, ie only pumps when the engine is running and only briefly when the ignition is off (safety measure?).  Also we left the tank in place, but pumped the fuel out and filtered it before returning it to the tank, if it is old fuel I would not put it back, unleaded fuel seems to go 'off' and gum up the system.

Look in the tank through the gauge sender unit, you will need to tear the internal gauze with a bent screw driver or similar to allow enough fuel to get to the carb, a small mirror will be required to see it , best fit a filter between carb and the last regulator, you may have to change it quite often to all the debris is cleared from the tank.  Good luck!

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
dozza
« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »

Thanks again Neil,

Will be attacking the fuel system over the coming weekends, will let you know how it goes.

All the best

Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd