Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme condensation  (Read 10024 times)
Joanna
« Reply #15 on: 13 January, 2010, 02:59:03 PM »

Well, so far so good in the condensation department  Grin

The back windows are all condensed, but as soon as I put the blower on the front and sides all clear up in seconds and are crystal clear.
Just want to thank all for the great advice and expertise.
Now I may tackle the heater know only working on 3 !

thanks again guys
Carlos
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 15 January, 2010, 10:54:24 PM »

Carlos

With your washer bottle it must have a hole in the bottom for the water to come straight out (unless it's just that the pipe to the washer jets has come off). As washer bottles are usually pretty well tucked away it seems improbable that it would have got damadged. On my Y10 the motor for the washer plugs into a hole near the bottom of the washer bottle with a rubber grommet. If yours is similar you ought to check if that is where the water is comming out. The solution might be a simple as seating the washer motor properly or failing that, drying everything off and using a bit of bathroom silicon sealer round the hole.

Good luck.

Frank
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 15 January, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »

or perhaps the contents froze and cracked the container?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Joanna
« Reply #18 on: 16 January, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »

Washer bottle now sorted as well, leak was where the motor meets the bottle.

I have read up on the net that the blower only working on 3 is down to a resistor which is easily replaced. The only problem is I dont know where to find it.  Anyone know ?

cheers
carlos
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 16 January, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »

Washer bottle now sorted as well, leak was where the motor meets the bottle.

I have read up on the net that the blower only working on 3 is down to a resistor which is easily replaced. The only problem is I dont know where to find it.  Anyone know ?

cheers
carlos

Usually next to the heater fan motor, just had a look at the Punto manual pages I posted pictures of, Job 13 on page 6-37, illustration 13-A1, it's shown as item 103, and it fits in the fan housing, usually accessible under the dash, on the passenger side, if you drop the fan motor down you should be able to get at it(see 13-C2, before changing it try cleaning it with a soft brush as they often get clogged up with dust and fluff that affects the performance, if still no good it will have to be changed.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 16 January, 2010, 07:57:47 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd