Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:20:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like a good addition to someones collection...  (Read 5138 times)
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« on: 26 November, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1369642.htm

1993 integrale Evo 2
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »

Wonder how long it's been on there as according to the Blurb the MOT ran out 7 months ago.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #2 on: 26 November, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »

Hi Brian

I would suggest that is a typo as the advert is only 2 days old.

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »

I'm wondering whether this is one I already know about..?  Anyway, intrigued by the price, because it would suggest that prices for 2wd Deltas are rising at last.  If the arches and sills and other usual rot spots are sound, then this is one to get now, because prices will only creep up, I think.  Rarer colour too - they are more usually, red, white and dark blue non-metallics, and this colour suits the car very well.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 26 November, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

Not sure the headline price is relevant - further down it says it has to go this month and best offer gets it so it could end up "free to good home" or "beat the breaker".

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DianaW
Officer

« Reply #5 on: 26 November, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »

The person selling this contacted me to find out how much Delta 1300's were selling for - as these are very few and far between I contacted Fensaddler (as he has one) and responded to the seller.  The seller told me that this was his father's and has never failed an MOT and although it has been laid up for six months the only thing wrong was a slow puncture.  I assumed that either his father was ill or he was disposing of it as part of the estate (especially as it now sounds as if the garage space is no longer available)   The seller is an ex LMC member and he told me that he would like it to go to someone who would value it as a Lancia.

Diana
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 27 November, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »

So priced on my advice, plus a bit...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Harvey
« Reply #7 on: 28 November, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »

Sadly, the car was not a post-1st facelift as the photos on the websites show, but a final post-2nd facelift LX. It's even a different colour than the photos! Andy, Steve and I took a trip to view it today. It's rusted in the rear arches, but is otherwise in fair condition. No offers from any of us.
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 28 November, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »

So is it not worth making any kind of offer? Any Tax/Mot on it?
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 29 November, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

I'd guess from experience that as soon as we're talking about rusted arches, repairs (unless you have your own vehicle repair shop or are very handy with the MIG) will exceed the value of the car - and rusted arches almost certainly raise questions about sills and rear turrets as well.  So either its only a parts car, or it needs to be otherwise in good nick, rare, or of sentimental value to take on.  The 'fair' condition Harvey suggests indicates to me that it would need other work to get it back to decent condition, beyond the arches (rust in the tailgate and at least one significant dent were also advised to me) - it isn't rare (or any rarer than any 2wd Delta), and it doesn't appear to kindle any sentiment.  Parts car, unless you're desperate to take on a Delta project (and I speak as someone who did, albeit with a better condition starting point).  I'd also be disappointed that the advert was apparently misleading in the pictures that it used.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Harvey
« Reply #10 on: 29 November, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

Andy did the technical inspection so I'm not speaking first-hand, but the clutch needs attention, as does a bent rear wheel. There's the start of rust in the usual places, and the driver's seat is as expected for the age. The tax expires at the end of January and the MOT is in April, I believe.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #11 on: 30 November, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »

Many thanks to everyone who's offered advice, and especially those who went to see it, and reported back.

You've saved me a lot of wasted time, as I was considering it as a runabout prior to the latest reports.

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd