Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:17:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta 2008  (Read 5565 times)
Donald

« on: 23 November, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »

I have now got my new Delta, registerd and taxed. I sourced the car in Germany, on mobile.de, where there are about 250 used deltas advertised. I wanted the oro spec with satnav 17 inch alloys etc, which narrowed it down to about 14.  Having finished my house move imt Montrose, I got over to Germany to visit friends, who live in the Mosel valley, on the 30th October. On Monday the 2nd November I made the long train journey to Luedenscheid, to see the car. It was immaculate, first registered 30 September 2008 with 20,000 Km. 1.4 T-jet 150 engine, as in my Bravo, now sold. The car in full oro spec and satnav, cost 16,990 euros,including VAT. about 11000 less than a new one. I arranged the money transfer, and went back to Enkirch. On Thursday, I went back to Luedenscheid, to collect the car, and arrange the Zoll plates. The plates cost about 140 euros, including insurance and last for 28 days. I drove over to Muenchen-Gladbach, where I satyed the night, and looked up some Italian friends, whom I first met when I bought the Kappa there in 2005. They were very impressed with the Delta. It seemed strange talking to Italians in German, but that was our common language.

On Friday I got the ferry from Zeebrugge to Rosyth, on the new Norfolk line, a 20 hour crossing, I was home in Montrose at 4.00 pm on the Saturday. I then had to go through the process of getting the car into UK spec and registered.

On Sunday, Stuart Wilson came up for a couple of days, to do his mph sticker conversion on speedo, It involves removing the dash to get to the binnacle. So for a while I had, what we believe to be the onle two new Deltas, in the UK at my house. I had already ordered from the Fiat dealer in Dundee, two new headlights, and rear fog and reversing lights at a cost of £400. They were fitted by Piries Auto electrics of Montrose,cost £115, who also supplied the evidence of UK conversion and spec for the VCA, I had also contacted Mr Speechly, of Fiat UK, in Slough, who supplied details of the car, and its european conformoity. The paperwork went off to the VCA in Bristol on the Wedensday, and the cerificate arrived on Saturday. On Monday I went to the DVLA in Dundee with all the paperwork. The registration details came in the post on Wedensday. It took ten working days, and less than two weeks from collecting the car in Germany. The only problem left was to change the voice reaction for the satnav and blue tooth from German to English. This had to be done by a Fiat dealer, so I took it to Arnold Clark in Perth, who did the neccessary for £40.

I am very pleased with the car, It is entirely different to the Bravo, it is much more comfortable, better styling, and the engine seems smoother, although I do miss the sport booster button on the Bravo.

There are many cheaper Deltas available on Eoropean websites, about 12000 Euros for a basic argento, best deals seem to be in Italy, but that is a long way from here. 

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »

Well done Grin crikey that was an action packed couple of weeks!

What colour is your Delta? and please say you took photos for us, if so can you post some on here.

I did the buying new and personal import bit 10 years ago but nothing like your expedition.
Being that all the parts you require are available minus the speedometer, (although as you say there is a way around that), and RHD steering, which I never found to be a problem; it will make it much easier to bring in a New Delta as a personal import than any other model since we lost RHD.
It's obviously not a 5 minute job as can be read in your write up, but it is very do-able.
Many thanks for taking the time to let us know how it's done.
I hope this will also go to "Viva Lancia" so that all the members who don't use the Forum will not be at a disadvantage for too long Cheesy

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Donald

« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

Hi Brian,It is storm grey, a shade or two lighter than Stuarts. Yes it was a very hectic couple of weeks, the train journey to luedenscheid was 5 hours each way with 3 changes. The weak pound makes buying in Europe a bit dear, but I still a big saving on buyng new. I will put the details in Viva lancia 

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »

I have sent Jack an article on my experience of importing my Delta for inclusion in the next VL.  My experience of importing seems rather easy compared to Donald, especially as far as all the travelling is concerned!

Attached a a couple of photos taken when I was at Donald's house to do his speedo mod.  Sorry for the poor quality, but they were taken on my phone in fading light!

* Photo007[1].jpg (128.09 KB, 1808x588 - viewed 677 times.)

* Photo009[1].jpg (286.34 KB, 2100x1020 - viewed 678 times.)

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
Donald

« Reply #4 on: 23 November, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »

Hi Stuart,
The travelling was'nt a big deal, a I was going over to Germany anyway.  My experience in buying the Delta, shows that second hand is an option. Thanks again for the speedo job. The VCA have tightened up since I imported the Kappa, but not, as we have proved insurmountable.  Donald

Nuova Delta
Kappa Coupe 2.4 20V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd