Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about this car?  (Read 7477 times)
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« on: 26 September, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

L807 SEJ Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo2 Bianco Perlato

Would be interested to know anything about its history and condition.

Regards

Andy
« Last Edit: 26 September, 2009, 08:28:03 PM by andymc » Logged

1993 integrale Evo 2
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 September, 2009, 08:30:14 PM »

I've checked the 2000 Register of members and their Cars and it's not listed, although some members chose not to list their cars, but on the face of it it wasn't a LMC members car, at least prior to 2000.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
andymc

« Reply #2 on: 26 September, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »

Thanks for looking Brian

I understand it came into the UK in 2001 and has had just the one UK owner.

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »

Hi Andy,
I would have thought speaking to Paul Baker might be a good idea, Paul had a pretty good idea of what was coming in around that time, and later on.

Is it yours? or are you just interested in it, personally I think it was one of the loviest paint jobs on an evo, stunning reflections and subtle colouring.

Brian
8227 Cool.

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
andymc

« Reply #4 on: 26 September, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »

No it's not mine Brian. Walkers are advertising that they have it coming in but no other details.

I have always had a soft spot for the Bianco Perlato although was never too sure about the blue interior.

Regards

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 27 September, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »

Hi Andy

Doesn't ring any bells but if you buy it in the next month it can go straight on to the stand at the NEC !!

Regards

Steve
andymc

« Reply #6 on: 27 September, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »

Hi Steve - Looking at the price of the Dealer Collection and Blue Lagos cars Walkers have in, I think I will be sticking with mine.

Mmmmm.... now there's a debate Dealer Collection or Bianco Perlato  Huh? Huh?   

I wouldn't mind having that problem.

Andy

1993 integrale Evo 2
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 28 September, 2009, 05:02:48 PM »

I think I would go for the Dealer collection, have you seen Chris Sinclair's car? It looks fabulous in that colour.

When I bought my car from Walkers they had a Bianco Perlato in at the same time, they said they were virtually impossible to get a
colour match when painting unless the whole car was done. That was 11 years ago so paint-matching technology may have improved
since then.

Steve
andymc

« Reply #8 on: 28 September, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »

Yes, I think I probably agree with you Steve.

I have spoken with Walkers today. The car is currently being prepared including a FULL respray exactly because of the paint matching issues you mention. The last owner imported it from Italy in 2001 and lives in Neath. It seems to have done little mileage in recent times and was not used at all for two years. It's done 101000KM.

All the receipts (including a big one from Auto Integrale for a Turbo) are mainly for parts so it looks like either the owner did the maintenance himself.

I am going to get some photos sent but the initial chat with Walkers didn't exactly make me feel it was anything special either in terms of originality, documented history etc.

Andy 

1993 integrale Evo 2
MarkHall

« Reply #9 on: 05 November, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

When I worked at Prodrive, one of the Rally Team technicians imported an integrale from Auto Motive in Milan (a few months before I bought my Dealers Collection from the same place).  I know it was white, and fairly sure it was a Perlato.  The guys in Italy said it had been a bit ropey, but he wanted it anyway because it was quite cheap and, as he was a mechanic, he planned to fully restore it.

Apart from the dates, the story seems to fit with the car being discussed.  But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and, of course, I could be completely and hopelessly wrong (again)  Smiley

BTW, I have to agree with Steve's comments on the Dealer's Collection colour.  I've just had mine completely resprayed and hope to have it at the NEC doing the "Dream Rides" for the Sporting Bears, so if anyone wants to come and see for themselves, I'll be pleased to chat until the cows come home!  (or someone wants a ride...)
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 05 November, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »

Hi Mark

Nice to see you on here!

Looking forward to seeing the car at the NEC, don't forget to come on the stand for a (soft !) drink and a chat.

Did you go back to a bare shell, I think you mentioned you were planning this the last time I saw you.How long was the car off the road?

Oh, BTW it still makes me smile that you and the other guy at Prodrive both chose the integrale as your 'fun' car!

See you next week

Regards

Steve
MarkHall

« Reply #11 on: 06 November, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »

Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to signing up!

I think I'd bore everyone to tears with the details of the project, but it was stripped back to a "rolling shell", fitted with the last-but-one genuine factory roof (if you believe Tanc Barratt) and had all the little (usual) rust spots cut out and replaced.  It then had TWO complete resprays - the first one blistered all over after a couple of months - and it's taken me until a few weeks ago to find the time to put the whole lot back together again.  Three weeks of shredded arms and hands later, and it's finally back on the road.  Still got many niggly things to sort out, and there are many other details that I'd have liked to replace or improve, but I thought it would never get done so I used the NEC as a deadline.

I'll be doing the Dream Rides from Hall 2 on Friday and Saturday, so if anyone comes onto the Lancia stand and wants to know how they handle down a narrow country lane, send them my way!  Last time I managed to blow the socks off a guy with a fully tricked-up Impreza (all the gear, no idea?)

I have to confess though, we've also got a Subaru Legacy Twin Turbo, so I am still a bit loyal to the Prodrive days.  Best of all worlds  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd