Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weber 40 DCN  (Read 3309 times)
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« on: 14 October, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

Anyone out there have some of these, Weber 40 DCN. Fitted to some Flavia 1800 models. Looking for 3 !!

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »

Hi kevin,
3 x Weber 40 DCZ5/6 any good to you?
I have sent you an email.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »

Kevin,

Sorry to say I don’t have the carburettors, but I do have a set of dimensional drawings for a 40 IDA triple set.

I obtained these from Weber (six A3 sheets) in 1988 to help Tony Amato who wanted to fabricate a manifold for his 4th Series B20. Looking at the letter from Weber it seems he was interested in both 40 and 46 mm sets! Presumably you are on the same track. Sadly, Tony Amato’s project was never completed and the bits (no carbs) went to Italy with the rolling shell and all the other parts. Hopefully now restored.

Might the drawings be useful to you?

Colin

PS. This reminds me that I never did pick up on the reference to Tony Amato in an earlier thread – see new post under ‘Aurelias at Bonhams…’
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 14 October, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »

Kevin,
There is a B20 in Italy - I believe it is the Liege-Rome-Liege car - which used to be owned by Nigel Trow once I believe.....and this has 3 twinchoke Solex's which are mounted at a slight angle. Sounds lovely.
I have also seen a triple Weber 40 setup recently somewhere - maybe from the USA - which I seem to recall had just been originated.

I have 2 x Weber 40 on 2 of our B20's - they look nice and must breathe better at the top end but as to 3 carbs I am not sure what value this might bring apart from the very topend. And one is somewhat restricted for revs because of the design of the engine anyway.
Cavalitto in Turin sell complete manifold kits without carbs for 2 carbs for all series of B20 I believe - they were on display when I last went there.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd