Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 09:25:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1972 2000 Coupe and 2000 HF spares car for sale  (Read 5145 times)
Lindsay
« on: 04 October, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

Sadly, I need the space so these have to go. Good car is a 72 Carb model. Lancia blue, grey leather retrim (fabulous condition, done in the mid 90s at a cost of £1650). 65k miles. Some history, including letters from previous owners back to mid 80s. Originally purchased in the UK but immediately taken to Italy for the first years. £8000 spent in the mid 90s. In good overall condition. Mechanically sorted with new brakes, calipers etc last year. Interior excellent. Structurally excellent. Stainless exhaust. Needs some cosmetics. Bonnet poor but have one being refurbished to rust free condition with Alan Wesson at Western Lancia, should be ready this month. Some bubbling round the windscreen and some very minor corrosion starting on the arches. MOT to April next year. Tax exempt. Webasto roof (wind and water tight).

Spares 2000HF car. Runs but I think it has a valve seal issue as smokey. Starts and idles well. Body poor in the main, but everything there.

Photos of the 2000 Coupe at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/43030020@N03/

Price, £3995 for the pair. Located in aberdeenshire. Could trailer the spares car (well a friend could, within reason!)
higham
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »

hi i am new to the club and this forum, but i am looking for a 2000 coupe, as good as i can find, LHD if necessary, did you sell yours and do you have any ideas.
Geoff.
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

Hi Geoff,

Since my mate Lindsay isn't bothering to reply to you... Grin The cars were sold to a gentleman in St Andrews that I have the contact details for. The 2000 Coupe is currently undergoing a thorough restoration to a very high standard so that it can be used as a daily driver  Shocked!

The 2000HF Coupe is potentially for sale and is a good basis for a restoration. It had a nice blue wool cloth interior that would clean up nicely with a bit of TDC. As Lindsay says, the engine was a very willing starter, but it needed some attention and was probably needing the valve guides done.

Structurally, the floorpan and sills seemed to be pretty good, but I think (from memory) that the front of the n/s sill and lower front wing, had been a bit creased. The rear wings were the worst part of the bodywork and replacement would really be required. However, there is a very talented chap that can make these up for £80 - £100 a corner.

If the car is of interest to you, I can put you in touch with the current owner.

Mike

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: