Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 06:56:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia back on the road  (Read 35731 times)
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #75 on: 27 November, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »

our aprilia goes through the belgian mot without real problems. It's quite demanding particularly on the suspension but brakes comfortably exceed the requirements. Even some modern cars fail on the suspension tests including the new Fiat 500 ....so it's a relief each year to get through.Emissions are also fine if I close down the carbs a bit before going to the station
« Last Edit: 29 January, 2011, 11:57:18 AM by Scarpia » Logged
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #76 on: 26 January, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »

Hi Nick
         Ref your enquiry a few posts back about suitable events for Aprilias I am proposing to attend the Beaulieu Italian car day.It is the day after the Goodwood track day viz May 22nd.
        As it is our 75th anniversary it would be good to recognise the occasion in some collective manner and I have just floated the idea in the "events" section.
        Are there any other takers out there?    Or other ideas, perhaps for something more UK central? Or maybe focus on the track day and a parade lap or two for Aprilias en-masse!!! Then we could have a jaunt around the Sussex lanes while the speed freaks are burning rubber.
                                                                     Ben
apriliadriver
Lapsed

« Reply #77 on: 03 February, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »

Ben,
That sounds like a good idea -  sorry for my delay in reply :  I had been toying with the idea of doing the VSCC Hereforshire/Monmouthshire tour that weekend  ...  but this sounds much better.

I will ring you closer to the time to confirm ...  and thanks for yr suggestion....
Yrs
Nick
apriliadriver
Lapsed

« Reply #78 on: 19 March, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »

After a four-month salt-induced lay-off I have taken the Aprilia out for a shakedown cruise to get the winter rats-and-mice out of the silencer.

Great weather, roads clear of salt and the car going like a dream. Looking forward to a Summer of Aprilia driving ....  Goodwood 75th celebration, Sliding Pillar Rally etc. Just need two new flexible propshaft couplings (see separate post).

Nick
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #79 on: 19 March, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »

Nick,

I bet it's good to get the car back on the road. I don't want to be a downer about salt, but I cycled up Crouch Hill this morning after a frosty night and the ever-zealous Haringey Council had salted the road! I expect they will do the same tonight. Choose your route with care.

Colin
apriliadriver
Lapsed

« Reply #80 on: 24 April, 2011, 07:15:53 AM »

To Silverstone yesterday in the Aprilia for the VSCC race meeting, parking in the Pre-War cars area  -  wonderful weather and huge crowds. Lancias on display included a couple of Lambdas, an Augusta,an Aurelia and a Fulvia. Met Colin Marr whose Fulvia it was. Just missed Aprilia-owning Aussie Joe Wilson who left a note on the windscreen.

Saw some great races, wandered around the pit garages and the autojumble, admired Graham Scott's Alfa 8C long chassis which he has owned since 1969. Missed John Millham although he was bound to be there somewhere and probably very busy.

The Aprilia never missed a beat in 140 miles and just got her indoors before the mother-and-father of a thunderstorm hit West London.

If the weather was like that all the time, you'd go motor-racing every weekend. I will be at the Donington Historic Festival next weekend, racing my Alfa GTA and co-driving an Alfa SZ. Bet the weather has broken by then ...
Nick
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd