Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:55:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia European Sales, outselling Alfa!  (Read 2378 times)
toby2449
« on: 15 September, 2009, 04:33:28 PM »

Just published by ACEA, Lancia sales from Jan-Aug 2009 are greater than Alfa (despite the introduction of MiTo)

Lancia have sold 80,297
Alfa have sold 75,912

Fiat have sold 690,120

BTW FGA sales are up 1.1% YTD & they are the ONLY European Group to register an increase in sales this year. The only other group to register a rise is Hyundai

Sales in Europe YTD are down 8.1%

FGA share of the market has grown from 8.1% last year to 8.9% this year! Bravo Fiat Group
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »

We've been to Turin twice this year, once in May and then a couple of weeks ago, certainly a big increase in new Delta's since May.
My friend there said they are selling well. Of course there is an Ypsilon on every corner and now also the MiTo !

We went to the Mirafiori Motor Village which a lot of people will remember from 2006 centenary, for those that don't it is a large showroom complex containing all Fiat Group cars and I must admit, as did Margaret and Emma, the Lancia section (Delta apart)
looked quite bland compared to Alfa (all were in white) and Fiat which has fun cars such as the 500. This was partly due to the dull colours of the cars featured. I think they desperately need a 'Fulvietta' type model to appeal to a younger market.

Mark , will we see you at the NEC this year?

Steve
toby2449
« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »

Hi Steve,

Sadly maybe not this year, money is very tight at the moment especially when we have to go from € to £ then there's the cost of flights, hotel etc...before we even think about the tickets to the show! We did give it a good deal of thought, but its not looking likely!

I agree with your thoughts on Lancia. they need something like the long promised Fulvia to get the attention of younger buyers, this was supposed to be RWD also. FGA were going to produce a Lancia, Abarth & Fiat version! If memory serves me right there was a tie up with Lotus mentioned. The new Ypsilon is supposed to hit the showrooms in 2010 (unless FGA have put it back) & apparently whist Fiat will not be replacing the Idea, there will be a new version of Musa!

I think Lancia's increase in sales is truly remarkable, given the fact both the big hitters the Ypsilon & Musa are kinda old now, so it really has been left to Delta to carry the sales.
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 19 September, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

My friend has just got back from France and commented on his surprise at the number new Deltas on the roads there. It's a great pity that Fiat reversed their RHD decision as all their cars are selling so well at the moment.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
toby2449
« Reply #4 on: 19 September, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »

yeah, i don't have the figures to hand but in both France & Germany Lancia sales have shot up, although from a very low starting point it has to be said!

Sadly ANE are a little bit behind woth their sales figures, but for Europe, for first 5 months of this year....

Delta = 14795
Musa = 11642
Phedra = 1263
Thesis = 130
Ypsilon = 21742

Acutally without Delta, Lancia would be in serious trouble, as both Musa & to a greater extent Ypsilon sales are down quite alot from same period 2008, Musa down nearly 7000 sales, & Ypsilon down 12000 sales

Hopefully the signs of the world economy starting to recover, & FGA sales performing better than any rival in Europe at the moment maybe FGA will think again about RHD production, but something tells me Lancia's return will take second place to FGA fixing Chrysler ( a much greater task than Merchoinne had predicted!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd