Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:27:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC TV Top Gear programme on Lancia!  (Read 57605 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #105 on: 01 December, 2009, 08:49:03 AM »

Guy and all overseas I think it is now on youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQZeVNKzw8

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQZeVNKzw8

Enjoy!

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #106 on: 01 December, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »

The eternal "what if..."   Be interesting to know what Stigs best lap was as well.

http://www.stratossupersite.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7703

While I'm happy they showed the "most entertaining" lap, wouldn't it be nice to see a lap after its been setup by Stig to his taste....

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #107 on: 01 December, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »

Meanwhile:

http://www.stratossupersite.com/lancia-stratos-video-pure-engine-sounds/

These made such an impression on me as a kid - the RAC coverage on the TV - helicopter tracking shots along the edge of a forest - the one with the back hanging off.  I can remember making a mechano one with an electric motor and cardboard body and chasing it round the garden adjusting gears to hazards.   

As a teen I sat in a replica at a motorshow and just couldn't imagine trying to drive it with that peddle offset - it was almost a relief to have it off the wish list.

All the same I agree with Colin that the longer that Hawk was on screen the more I fancied one...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #108 on: 01 December, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »

And of course, there's the BBC's own iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p4z1y/Top_Gear_Series_14_Episode_3/

It was quite interesting at work. A couple of the usual "They rust don't they?" (yawn!).
But more talked, asked about, Fulvia, Stratos, 037 and integrale. Not altogether surprising.
All in all, a pretty good result, really.
Of course the rust debacle will take an eternity to die here in the UK, thanks to the Media. Which leads me to doubt their return, but you never know. It would be like coming back for another bloody nose!
But you won't catch me buying a FORD or VW or BMW as a replacement. Neither, unfortunately, will I be buying anything LANCIA has produced this Century. And that's a sad state of affairs.
Which brings me to my point.
I think that TG really do like LANCIA, but from its (Motorsport) past. And there, I have to agree with them.

Meanwhile, I trust that as many of you as possible took your LANCIA to work/for a drive/etc. on Monday. I certainly did.

Happy motoring!

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #109 on: 01 December, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »

And here's what a very young looking Jeremy Clarkson thought in 1994. Not much has changed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knpp6_fO_4E

Steve

PS The sound needs to be turned right up to hear it.
jimb
« Reply #110 on: 01 December, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »

Thanks Tim

Just in time for me to add the links into the Cape Lancia Club Newsletter.

It's a pity that they had to try and balance every good point of the cars with a bad one.

Jim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #111 on: 01 December, 2009, 09:24:14 PM »

Jim

I think that what the way the article was presented : each car is fantastic but flawed - therefore each car needs a flaw ....

I think, given the lack of knowledge of the cars by most people, they've all liked what they've seen. Anyone with a preference isn't going to change their moind I guess. Nobody has mentioned the R word to me yet tho ... which is nice.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #112 on: 01 December, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

Since the broadcast of the 'Lancia' TG episode on Sunday I have been totting up all the cars that were used for the filming and the studio filming last Wednesday, I was surprised how many different cars were used, only one used in more than one part of the show, 19 in all.

In order of sequence on TV:
London filming (brief intro section in cine film): Stratos, Fulvia Zagato, Fulvia coupe, Flavia coupe, Flaminia and Gamma coupe.
Wales:  Aprilia, Fulvia coupe, Stratos, 037, Gamma coupe, Montecarlo, Thema 8.32, integrale, Beta coupe and Beta HPE.
Studio: Fulvia coupe (as per Wales), new Delta, Stratos (Hawk) and integrale (not seen on the broadcast but in the studio).

I hope I have not missed any out, in all this is a pretty good selection of cars, it is shame they did not drive some of the cars which were static in Wales, possibly they were filmed, but that footage was unused, our London filming took about 4 hours, but about 15 seconds were used.  Perhaps less racing around in a Beta HPE and Marina for demolition purposes could have been used to show these and other models such as Lambda, Aurelia, Appia and may be S4 and the 037 in action!  (that would require suitable drivers I suspect)

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #113 on: 01 December, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

That's a long list then ...

I was going to add in the two Betas into our Online Database : can anyone tell me the extact models and registrations (and colour would be good - I'm colour blind Smiley) ... ? Useful for future vehicle enquiries , all part of the story ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #114 on: 01 December, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »

Agreed David, although I was a bit more than a kid! The two Stratos experiences that stick in my memory were one, Entering the Earls Court Motor Show and there elevated and on a turntable was one with a fluorescent light inside and you could see every detail of the light through the door skin so thin was it. Secondly, Clipstone Forest on the RAC Rally waiting for the Stratos and the adrenalin rush as it passed in the dark a couple of feet away. The euphoric reaction of the spectators was unforgettable. Margaret went misty eyed recalling the experience on Sunday evening. OK, that might be a tad exagerated but she did recall the experience un prompted by me.

Incidentally, we followed the rally that year in a 1963 Ferrari 250GTE. Those were the days.  Cool

And I'm with those who have a Hawk high on the wish list. I've had a hankering to build a kit car from when I could first drive. In those days it was an Austin 7 Hamblin Cadet. Anyone remember them?

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #115 on: 01 December, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »

And here's what a very young looking Jeremy Clarkson thought in 1994. Not much has changed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knpp6_fO_4E

Steve

PS The sound needs to be turned right up to hear it.

Only goes to, proves once an ignorant self opionated pillock, Always an ignorant self opinionated Pillock.
I don't suppose anyone has pointed out to him that wooden magnets don't work, probably a bit too hard for him to understand. Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #116 on: 02 December, 2009, 12:37:35 AM »

Sorry I'm off topic (I'll blame Robin) but for Austin specials these are my two favorite sites:-

http://www.1950sspecials.com/home.htm
http://speedexa7.users.btopenworld.com/

Building one was a great experiance, and perhaps more than any other car it can claim the "go kart feel".   Its nippy: the proudest moment was beating a Metro 6R4 over the first half of the Crystal Palace sprint.  The disappointments were the lack of steering feel, lack of throttle steer, and it falling apart the whole time - within a season or two I had an Aurelia, and that Hawk "straining at the leash" and the growl of that V6 brought back some very happy memories.

Looking ahead (getting my motivation up for the project) can anyone reassure me that a hot Aprilia engine will snarl?   With  light body on it it should have some pace, the gear change and steering and brakes should be fabulous, the balance shouldn't be too bad and on thin enough tyres it should be possible to squirt it about but how will it sound...?   Hot Fulvias and Appias sound lovely - is there a fundamental difference?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #117 on: 02 December, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »

With my failing eyesight I cannot determine if the heap of rust in the start of the clip was indeed a Beta.Most unlikely i guess. But who can see what it was...it would nicely undermine (as a joke ) the whole rust discussion, if it turns out to be a bmw......and a bit uncomfortable voor TG also.....
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #118 on: 02 December, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »

Nice one William, that would be fun.   Cool

Could we sue TG for trade descripsions?  Grin

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #119 on: 02 December, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »

Specials.

Wasted an hour or so of my valuable time this morning wallowing in the nostalgia of it all - I blame David. Just reading down the list of suppliers made me all misty eyed. The Super Two (whose name I couldn't remember) was the Ford based one I lusted after.

My father had a Ford 10 delivery van which he was going to scrap and I did all the research and project design to use it as a basis but somehow leaving school, starting work and girls (Margaret was her name I think) got in the way and nothing came of it.

Nearest I came was to fit an Aquaplane IOE conversion kit and various other mods to the Ford 100E I was running at the time. Went through clutches at an alarming rate as I remember. Then I bought a Lancia and the rest as they say is history.

Now, can I find a Hamblin Cadet or a Super Two and shoe horn a Fulvia engine in? I blame David!

Reminds me of the Fulvia Special at the NEC a few years ago.  Photos attached.

Robin.

BACK TO TOPIC!

* DSCF0018.JPG (101.34 KB, 800x600 - viewed 287 times.)

* DSCF0017.JPG (80.49 KB, 800x600 - viewed 296 times.)

* DSCF0015.JPG (102.25 KB, 800x600 - viewed 294 times.)
« Last Edit: 02 December, 2009, 10:45:29 AM by Dilambdaman » Logged

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd