Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:03:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Membership Card Question ?  (Read 2853 times)
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« on: 27 August, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »

Why does it read on the back of the membership card, that it's only valid if you do NOT hold  a valid competition licence other than one issued by the RAC MSA.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
sllim1946

« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »

My take is this:-
This is part of a complex set of international competition rules laid down by the FIA and enacted in the UK by the RAC MSA. On the front of the membership card, as a member of the LMC you are entitled to enter events organised by the LMC for its own members for which an RAC MSA  competition license is not required. The wording on the front is only valid if a member does not have a Competition Licence from any other country (i.e. - the wording on the back) - there is therefore no conflict to the RAC's jurisdiction. If a member has a Competition Licence from another country then he is only allowed to enter a competition in this country if that competition is classed an an International and he has an International Competition licence. (a person can only have one competition license worldwide)

So do not worry - M Schumacher Esq. cannot come over and beat you in an LMC treasure hunt!

1961 Appia Berlina S3
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 31 August, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »

I have a National Comp Licence (Ireland) and am considering a few events in the UK next year. Does this mean my membership of the LMC is invalid. Not that its that important, it just seemed an odd thing to have written on the card. I was under the impression that all National Organizations are affiliated to the FIA.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

my comp licence is a waste of time as all the international events I do allow you to pay a temporary FIVA membership. ie the Monte Carlo Historique! For home HRCR events I need my MSA licence plus a membership card from the organising club. The only reason any club needs to obide by MSA law is because of insurance. Thats why anyone organising a road event of any type in the name of LMC needs to submit details officially. Modern rallying is another thing altogether. 

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Neil Lewis
« Reply #4 on: 06 September, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »

The statements written on the LMC club cards are not current.  The statements were changed several years ago and the current statements are as follows:-

"This is to certify that <name> is a duly elected member paid up to <date> and is, therefore, authorised by The Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association Ltd. on the conditions stated overleaf, to take part in all competitions confined to members of this club or defined as Clubsport events under MSA Regulations."

The "conditions overleaf" which that statement mentions says :-

"I declare that I shall not drive in any part of a competition which takes place on the public highway unless I hold a valid motor vehicle driving liocence for cars (other than provisional).  I am acquainted with and agree to be bound by the General regulations of the MSA"

Which means that if you hold a club card you can compete in events organised for members of that club.  The Clubsport bit means you can compete on other club's events so long as they have applied for a Clubsport permit and your club is one of the six which may be invited.  And the road traffic act stuff is "obvious"...  Events with Permits other than Clubsport will require a Competition Licence for which various other criteria and costs are applicable.

So nothing about other "national automobile clubs" or being ineligible "by reason of age".  And of course it no longer says "RAC" because that is a brand name owned by the RAC motoring organisation.

So it's about time the LMC updated the statement on its club cards.

Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd