Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 06:50:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: electric fuel pump.  (Read 8557 times)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 14 September, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

An electric fuel pump might be delivering too much fuel unless careful adjustement is made with the fuel pressure regulator. A value of  3-4 psi seems to be OK.
Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
lanciab20
President

« Reply #16 on: 22 September, 2009, 10:05:08 AM »

I fitted a Facet pump to my 1600 HF (it has Dellortos) because of the absence of a manual priming facility.  When starting the car after a couple of weeks standing it took a lot of grinding away on the starter to get fuel up to the carbs.  My pump sits in the area behind the righthand headlamps, quite low down, and pumps through the mechanical pump.  It is operated by a switch hidden underneath the dash near the choke lever and I use it only for starts after a period of inactivity.  About 5 seconds or so only is enough to recharge the float chambers and the sound of the pump gives an indication of progress. No pressure regulator is fitted, the recirculating line is retained.  It works well.  As a bonus I suppose that if the mechanical pump developed a fault it would serve as a get-you-home, or longer, but I am not aware that the mechanical pump is unreliable.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd