Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:44:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don Cross Appia PF Restoration  (Read 2820 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 05 August, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

We went up to Don and Margaret's on monday as I was after a few bits of crash padding off of his Fulvia Series 2 Berlina spares car.

While there I had a good look at the beautiful job Don is making of the restoration of his Appia PF; Don was telling me that the boot lid came from South Africa only to find when he tried to fit it that it was too wide & too short Huh? he finished up having to cut a bit out the width and add a large piece to the length! what was staggering was the sheer weight of the boot lid, the framework might have had lightening holes added? if that's not a contradiction, but they hadn't made much difference.

With the interior stripped out it was easy to see where the saloon body had been cut off at the pillars and the PF bit added, you could also see where the front seat support x member had been cut off and moved backwards, once trimmed it was obviously hidden, but I was a bit surprised at how crude the work was in some ways.
Anyway Don has given me permission to post the photos I took, so here they are.

Don also showed me the Appia consortium spares set up, if you've got an Appia and you don't belong to the Consortium, and you haven't got your own source of spares, then I'd say your missing a trick Grin
Brian
8227 Cool

* Appia Pinin Farina 1 Reduced.jpg (133.45 KB, 900x675 - viewed 539 times.)

* Appia PF Interior 2 Reduced.jpg (108.58 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 513 times.)

* Appia Pinin Farina 3 Reduced.jpg (92.83 KB, 800x600 - viewed 550 times.)

* Appia P F bootlid Reduced.jpg (105.52 KB, 900x675 - viewed 542 times.)

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd