Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:55:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine mount springs?  (Read 2804 times)
BlueSky
Lapsed

« on: 04 August, 2009, 03:49:02 AM »

I’ve just taken my engine out and looking at the leaf spring engine mounts the friction material used between the leaves varies in thickness on most. Has anyone replaced these and if so what material did you use and what was the thickness of each piece? See pic. part nos 38-1039, 42 & 45.
Cheers
Noel

* Tav10a.jpg (143.1 KB, 622x888 - viewed 384 times.)

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »

Not replaced any but it seems to be Ferodo type brake lining material, maybe your local motor factor will have something suitable.  As for thickness, enough to give about 5mm clearance between the two U-shaped channel sections should do, I doubt if it is too critical (from memory, I'll try to remember to measure mine tomorrow).

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
BlueSky
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2009, 03:34:35 AM »

Thanks David. Have since found from some original pieces there are two different thicknesses, 5mm for the ones between the leaves and 3mm for the two on the top and bottom. I was just curious because I've always had a small problem with my radiator sitting a bit too high. Have checked everything else, the radiator mounts and brackets and the height of the radiator itself and all seem fine and the pieces I have are correct. Even if I reduced the thickness of them I'm still only going to gain a millimetre or two, so not worth it.

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd