Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:42:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedra for sale for not a lot  (Read 5475 times)
Lindsay
« on: 21 July, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

Just had a call from a very nice posh sounding lady from Shropshire. She is trying to dispose of her husband's Dedra. A 1990 or 91 (H reg). She was rather sketchy with details as just didn't know. It is in silver, low miles as they spend quite a bit of time in Africa. Taxed until April next year, and MOT'd (I don't know how long for). Clean  condition apparently aside from the rear nearside door which has taken a knock from another car in a supermarket.  No idea what engine it is - perhaps Brian can help if I give you the full reg?.  Don't think it is a turbo sadly.

Anyway, this is her attempting to get rid of it before scrapping it so a nominal sum would probably take it away.
If anyone interested, get in touch and I'll forward you her name and contact details.

I await the day when I get a similar call from someone who wants help disposing of their Flaminia.........
lee69
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »

Hi Lindsay

Could you send me the details in a PM

Thanks

Lee
Lindsay
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »

Hi Lee. PM done!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 21 July, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »

Hi Lindsay,
If it wasn't a members car in 2000 when I can check the registration number against the car model, I need a chassis number to check details.

Can I have the details as well please.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lee69
« Reply #4 on: 22 July, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »

It's a 1.8, I'll report more anon..... Roll Eyes

I can't turn up to any more LMC events in a Renault Trafic can I?
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 22 July, 2009, 11:08:07 PM »

Hi Lee,
Depends on your brass neck Grin

If you buy it can you let me have the details please.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Colin

« Reply #6 on: 24 July, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »

Just back to Edinburgh from holidays in Shropshire cunningly designed around LMC AGM. Drove past Dedra which might answer to the description given in small village outside Church Stretton-was not allowed to stop-just as well if for sale as no doubt divorce would have followed! Colin Blaikie.
lee69
« Reply #7 on: 14 October, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »

Update on this car! I contacted the lady in question, who'd just moved into a small flat in Church Stretton from her house in a nearby village, following the death of her husband. They owned the car, a silver H-reg, 1.8ie for 18 years. They'd only used it during summer months as they lived in Zimbabwe during the winter. She let me have a good look around the car, which was taxed and MOTd. It's been serviced by the same chap at the same garage for 18 years. Everything electrical worked, sunroof, windows etc and the engine, although a little oily, sounded fine. Every single panel on the car was scratched, dented or creased but it was solid in all the crucial places. Her sons were trying to persuade her to take advantage of the scrappage scheme. To be honest she really didn't want to scrap it, professing to really enjoy driving her Lancia, loving the way it drives. I left, leaving my number with her and a reasonable offer, but she never called.

Yesterday, I had call to drive through Church Stretton and in the same parking space where I saw the Dedra, was a shiny, new Hyundai i10  Cry

So it looks like a perfectly useable older Lancia has been needlessly scrapped. Nice one Mr Brown. On Friday, I'll be in Shrewsbury, where the Hyundai dealer is located, so I'll see if it's still there. You never know, we might be able to salvage some headlights.

Lee
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 15 October, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

A lovely, sound 1.3 Delta suffered the same fate in Norwich.  Funnily enough  Undecided I salvaged the headlights too, along with a pristine front bumper.  Some doors and the tailgate also salvaged, plus the engine, by others, but the rest, including the body structure (pretty much rot free apparently) and a pristine interior, all went to the crusher.  I hate the scrappage scheme - it isn't green, it destroys nice old cars and replaces them with Hyundais, and as a result its positive impact on British industry (apart from providing turnover for Hyundai dealers) appears to be minimal.  I notice Autocar were all gung ho about introducing it, but last week ran a sad little article about all the perfectly good, and sometimes very interesting, cars which were going to the crusher.  And meanwhile there are no cheap runabouts left for first time drivers to buy (and write off).  Someone explain to me why this makes sense, and why it appears to have all party support?

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd