Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:21:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia S1 Rallye S Coupe 1969 - Sold & Collected!  (Read 7838 times)
davidhowson
Lapsed

« on: 26 August, 2009, 02:29:51 PM »

Fulvia S1 Rallye S Coupe 1969 - Competition prepared but requires finishing.

This is probably more of a "gauging interest" type of post rather than a full "for sale" because as much as I want to get this car finished and racing, I'm just not getting the time to devote to it. I'm sure that I am not the only one around here to have more than one project on the go! But the longer it sits in my garage, the more chance it's going to need work doing again and more chance it will get damaged.

What do you think - Sell it, or keep it another 13 years? Are you interested?? If you'd like to know more, then email or message me, I can always give you a call or send pictures.

I know I'm not going to get anywhere near the money I have spent on it, but as a true Lancia fanatic, it's not about the money, it about keeping these wonderful cars going. Rest assured, the sale proceeds will be quickly re-invested in more Italian magic - only one that's finished!!

I have owned the car since 1996 and in that time it has been transformed from a rusty "should have been scrapped" car into a gorgeous bright yellow racer! It was clear very early on that this was never going to be a concours restoration so it has been prepared with hill climbs and sprints in mind. Although I'm sure it wouldn't take much adjustment to meet the rally regs too.

Car is registered and is intended to run in road legal class. It is also tax exempt.

This is about where I am with it but I'm sure there's loads more:

Pictures now at: www.howson.co.uk/lancia

Full nut and bolt restoration and preparation for competition or road use and about 85% reassembled.

All prepared to meet FIA / MSA safety standards with mainly OMP branded parts.

I have a huge folder of receipts to prove that no expense has been spared in getting the car to this stage. Receipts must total at least £15k mainly Omicron and Demon Tweeks supplied parts.

Body work:
Wing repair panels fitted, new front valance, both sills. Webasto sunroof removed and replaced with steel insert (can not tell there was ever a sun roof).
Sub-frame in perfect condition.
Bonnet, boot lid and doors all aluminium.
Four new headlamps, new tail lamps new side repeaters.
New badges new heater air intake grille.
New door, boot and bonnet seals, some now fitted.
Perspex rear window.
Professionally fitted FIA approved full roll cage with side bars to latest FIA International spec.
Painted in brilliant Ferrari Fly-Yellow absolutely gorgeous.

Suspension, steering, brakes and wheels:
All fully rebuilt. New rear springs and all bushes replaced with nylon.
Up rated front anti-roll bar.
All engine mounts replaced.
Otherwise perfect standard Series 1 wishbone set up.
Quick steering rack fitted from HF (1.6 turns lock to lock)
OMP steering wheel.
Standard disc brakes (unassisted) all round with grooved discs. Stainless Steel braded hoses all round. Brake cylinders need fitting new pads supplied.
Master cylinder present but untested.
Brake bias balance adjuster included along with copper brake lines.
Four excellent condition (refurbished) silver alloy wheels with brand new Goodyear tyres.

Engine & gearbox:
All fitted.
Professionally rebuilt, balanced and lightened flywheel. Omicron competition exhaust manifold & full system.
Reconditioned carb's by Omicron.
Red finish cam cover.
Electrical fuel pump and balanced regulator.
All new parts fitted including new cam chain, piston rings, main bearings.
Head gas flowed polished and ported.
New starter motor.
New competition core radiator.
Standard 4 speed S1 gearbox, fully reconditioned and filled with Slick 50. Nylon mounts all round.
New clutch and cable.

Interior:
Stripped of standard fittings and replaced with two OMP lightweight FIA approved seats on adjustable FIA sub-frames.
OMP 4 point harnesses.
No door panels, rear seats, carpets or head lining.
Dash remodelled with aluminium “Tread plate” design. Standard speedometer and rev counter, but Race Tech Oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature and fuel level gauges.
Rewired loom and all switch gear, fuse boxes and relay boxes new generic items.
Wipers, washer, heater, horn and all lights work and are fitted.
FIA kill switch in dash with external pull.
New Red Top battery.
Plumb in fire extinguisher system supplied, and now fitted with external pull.
All glass supplied, some fitted, but not windscreen (which is brand new from Omicron) as it's easier to do the wiring without it in.

« Last Edit: 11 October, 2009, 02:55:59 PM by davidhowson » Logged

1968 Fulvia S1, 1.3 Rallye S - Sold
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 28 August, 2009, 07:07:23 AM »

I live in North Shropshire, just a few miles away from where this year's AGM was held.
The post code is XXXXXX

As to price, I know I will never recover anywhere near to the amount I've spent on it, who does? But as to how long that peice of string is, well I'm open to offers particularly from an enthusiast who will appreciate it!

Pictures will be posted on the web over the weekend and I will put up a link here when I have done so.

Thank you for your reply Piers - excellent pictures BTW.

Regards

David
« Last Edit: 24 November, 2010, 10:59:48 AM by davidhowson » Logged

davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »

Link to pictures taken today now added to original post or can be found here:

www.howson.co.uk/lancia

If you would like any more information or further pictures then please do not hesitate to ask.

Either email at David.Howson@howson.co.uk or PM or post questions here.

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »

Very Very nice David,
 I should think the photos should now generate a bit of interest Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »

Thank you for those kind comments Brian.

I have been sorting through the invoice file and have so far come to £10,500 in parts!!
Such as Omicron invoices for:
New starter motor £237.35; Subframe mounts £101.77;Competition exhaust & oil separator &steering wheel boss £918.55; Cibe headlamps x4, door handles , intake grille, clutch cable £316.96; 2 x floor panel £101.64 each; timing chain & tensioner & 2000 front anti roll bar £159.72; Hub tools £98.29; Door seals £320.10; 106 HF steering box with track rods and painted £489.51; Ball joints £281.25;Clutch, bearing gearbox seals £328.00; Badges reflectors bonnet seals £195.06.
And Demon Tweeks:
Racetech gauges £165.97; OMP 4 PT Harnesses £205.70; OMP FIA Steel Cage and diagonal and door bars £300.09; Koni shocks x4 £448.21; Plumb in fire system £98.10
In addition there are many, many more invoices under £100.
I can't seem to locate the invoices for all the wing repair panels (each wing was done both front and back of the wheel arch, the inner and outer sills, the front valance (came from Canada!) or the roof insert to weld up the sunroof or the new slam panel. Let alone the labour charges for welding and painting - this was all done by GR Motorsport who prepared cars for the BTCC in the 1990's and now work with Seat and with teams based in the far east.

So my estimate of £15k probably isn't that far off!

I also have quite a comprehensive set of photos of the before, during and after.

davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 07 September, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »

I have added a few "before" pictures for interest!
Please feel free to ask any questions...

angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 17 September, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »

I think you should keep it and race in 2010 in CSCC !

Any spares not fitted for sale?

Best

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 18 September, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »

I know I should really! I have had some interest and I'm going to see where that leads me.
If I sell, it will be as a complete car (all be it in some bits) but I may have some "left overs"....where you looking for anything in particular?

angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 27 September, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »

Presently after :

S2 Final Drive set 10/41
Steering box but LHD (LA 5  818-540)
Flavia  815-330 steering arms if you know of any.
Ally bonnet
Spare set of rear springs S1

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #9 on: 28 September, 2009, 07:52:13 AM »

Sorry, I can't help with any of those. Hope you find them ok.
David

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd