Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:15:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: passed  (Read 2757 times)
bill
« on: 21 July, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »

hi, what a relief,my car passed the MOT.still work to do (minor i hope) cannot wait until the end of the month to have it on the road. it has been quite a long haul, but worth it when I had my test certifcate in my hand.
I would just like to thank the forum members for all your help, advise and interest.
next question (joke)no doubt I will have more. one thing when I first stripped the carbs. I did not realise there were jets below the float chamber until I had the workshop manual. when i stripped the first carb. from the rad. the jets were all crusted up any ideas why? the jets in the second carb. were as new. these were the jets in botton of the carb.
well, one happy camper. thank you once more.
bill.
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »

Probaly just dirt from the fuel lines - was the fine filter there in the intake line (in the carb head)?

Glad you are over the first hurdle !

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Neil Lewis
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

A small amount of water in the float chamber can cause havoc with jets since the fuel tends to float on top of it.  So maybe one carb was getting some water ingress through the choke mechamism which is open to atmosphere (hence the wooshing noise).

Neil
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2009, 12:26:52 AM »

A small amount of water in the float chamber can cause havoc with jets since the fuel tends to float on top of it.  So maybe one carb was getting some water ingress through the choke mechamism which is open to atmosphere (hence the wooshing noise).

Neil

JUust realised how much I miss the characteristic "Whooshers" now that I have Dellortos and an electric priming pump fitted.
Must admit I didn't realise that's the reason why they make that noise Cheesy
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
bill
« Reply #4 on: 22 July, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »

hi, I cleaned the fine filter on the inlet side of the petrol line, I also mixed some wynns carb. cleaner with the petrol and all seems well. I will know once I get the car on the road.

cheers.
bill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd