Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: starting problems as well.  (Read 7598 times)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 08 July, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »

Max CO = 4.5 %. Avoid running with <3.5 % as the mixture become too lean with the notorious consequences for the engine.
Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
jackois
« Reply #16 on: 12 July, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »

Having just replaced the full fuel system on my 1976 Fulvia 1.3 S3, (new tank, carb overhauls, fuel filters pipes & hose), I found that the easiest way to balance the carbs was to use a syncronometer. This is nothing more than an airflow meter designed to seal on each individual trumpet.

Having had the carbs rebuilt by Gower & Lee, they were set up as per the manual, mixture screws screwed in fully (very gently though) & then backed off one quarter turn. Balance set by eye. The engine was then started and the syncronometer used to measure the airflow to each barrel. Surprisingly, as they looked to be perfectly balanced,  the rear pair showed a flow of 10 & the fronts 3. Adjusting the balance soon had them both sitting a 10 (not sure what the divisions are!) & the engine running quite smoothly.

After that, the mixture screws were screwed out & the engine speed increases. When the increase stopped, the idle speed was slowed to normal & the next screw adjusted. Once all 4 were done, a couple of test runs of about 6 miles over differing terrain for minor adjustments & she seems to be running as sweet as a nut.
bill
« Reply #17 on: 14 July, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

hi, nice to see the interest reg. starting problems, I am hoping to get some help in setting up the carbs.
still having starting problems, if I take the plugs out dry and heat them a little, the car starts no problem could this be a bad spark ? once again your help is very much appreciated.
just like to say how much my wife and I enjoyed sunday at the agm.

regards to all.
bill.
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 15 July, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »

If you use NGK BP(R)7ES and they are in good condition, the wet plugs suggest rather than lack of fuel a weak spark. Good idea to go back  step-wise from the plugs to the HT leads, condenser, points, ignition timing, distributor cap, rotor arm and coil. Fulvia engines are very sensitive to incorrect dwell angle and timing. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd