Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:05:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prices of PF Coupes  (Read 10283 times)
Lindsay
« Reply #15 on: 08 July, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »

Thanks chaps.  I know entirely what you mean about not being worried driving it in its current state. A definite plus point. Whilst that doesn't overly bother me, I really don't know about the pricing of this one. I do get the feeling it could be overpriced. Was talking (mailing) to a chap in Switzerland with what looks like a minter for sale - same colours but a 2.8, and he is wanting around £15 to £16k for it. He is the third owner. So although a large difference in cost, must be cheaper than taking one with what has, lets face it terrible paint, and trying to get it up to scratch. However, £16k is a lot different than £10k!!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 08 July, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »

Thanks chaps.  I know entirely what you mean about not being worried driving it in its current state. A definite plus point. Whilst that doesn't overly bother me, I really don't know about the pricing of this one. I do get the feeling it could be overpriced. Was talking (mailing) to a chap in Switzerland with what looks like a minter for sale - same colours but a 2.8, and he is wanting around £15 to £16k for it. He is the third owner. So although a large difference in cost, must be cheaper than taking one with what has, lets face it terrible paint, and trying to get it up to scratch. However, £16k is a lot different than £10k!!

And in the long run an awful lot less aggrevation and probably cheaper Grin
All boils down to can you afford, or do you want to spend the £16K.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 08 July, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

But don't forget inport duty and tax, as Switzerland isn't in the EEC. That would make a big difference in price. I have never driven a coupe, but have owned a GT and a GTL, both of which were fine cars. I had a ride (in the back!) in a coupe and was very impressed by the performance and comfort. Regards, John
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »

The other question with the UK car is what is the REAL price...   The cars are sufficiently rare that there's no "market" as such so its only worth what you are willing to pay.  The vendor will also realise that serious interest doesn't walk through the door every day of the week.  The ticket in the window is just the start.

Do you trust yourself to JUST go and have a look then sleep on it or are you too impulsive?   Perhaps someone else in the club would be able to test drive and look it over for you?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »

Being that it's been kicking around for sale since November that I know of, and how long before? I would of thought there would be a pretty good prospect of haggling on the price.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Lindsay
« Reply #20 on: 10 July, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »

The Swiss car is still on French plates, well Monaco plates I think. I assume a Monaco (Monaconese?) car would be subject to import tax?

Thankfully (?) the one in the UK is 100s of miles away from me so impulse buying not an option. But, whilst they don't come up every day, there is no point buying one which doesn't feel right.

Whatever price is paid, I can semi justify it in that it will never/shouldn't depreciate. So might be "investing" whatever amount but not throwing it away as such, which I can live with. I couldn't live with paying £16k for a new tin box for it to be worth £5k 2 or 3 years later.

I'll keep looking. Thanks to all for words of encouragement and advice. The right car will come along at some point.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd