Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MORE PROGRESS.  (Read 1981 times)
bill
« on: 09 June, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

hi again, well the welding is now complete on one side hope that is it. the guy doing the welding undone the sump plug for me, still a bit handicaped with my thumb. managed to free the brake nipple on the rear caliper (my garage is so small I can only work on one side of the car at a time) the nipple was really rounded so I taped on the next size socket down, poured a kettle full of boiling hot water over the nipple, once again bingo.

a few more questions, what is the capacity for the engine oil.?

does the sump plug have a washer or is it a ground in plug?

this may sound stupid, where do you pour in the engine oil? is it  the round cannister behind the dist.?

thanks once more for all your help.

bill.

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2009, 04:50:48 PM »

hi Bill,4.3ltrs-pour it slowly into that 'cannister' as it may belch out/spill.a copper seal fits the sump plug

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd