Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:29:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angels & Demons...& Lancia!  (Read 3593 times)
toby2449
« on: 20 May, 2009, 09:07:13 AM »

well went to see the movie last night, thought it was brilliant. However i think they should re-name it as the new Delta nearly played as big a roll in the movie as Tom Hanks!

The film was filled with shots of new Delta, & i have to say i'd be very surprised if Lancia's orders don't pick up because of it, car looked fantastic from all angles!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »

I'll see if I can count the nember of times it appears as we're going this afternoon Grin

Isn't it great how we seem to love the films the critics hate! Tookey in the Daily Mail last week said it was rubbish, on the other hand he's probably not a Lancisti Cheesy

Brian
8227 Cool

Update,

Just got back from seeing Angels & Demons, Some great footage of the New Delta, really looks good; Alfa don't do bad either, very true to life with Carabineri flying around in them.

Reckon the critics must have been watching a different film to me, it was great Grin
« Last Edit: 20 May, 2009, 06:30:02 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 20 May, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »

Although I'm not a film fan, I will have to try and see this one.  A colleague went to see it and commented to me how much he liked the look of the Delta.  He said that it was the first time he had seen one!

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 20 May, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »

Good-o - we'll go see that then ... have to take the Delta when we go for sure Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Neil Lewis
« Reply #4 on: 25 May, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »

I saw this film with my son on Sunday night and thought it was excellent.  Just enough plot twists to keep it from being just another "race against time" movie.  The new delta was good too.  Notice it was other types of car which got blown up!

Neil
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 12 June, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »

Seem to recall a review of that other D Brown book "The Da Vinci Code" that said it was the only book where you actually knew less after reading it than beforehand!

Seems the Vatican are with those who enjoyed the latest film:

"Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano described Angels and Demons as "harmless entertainment which hardly affects the genius and mystery of Christianity". While the "gigantic and smart commercial operation" is filled with inaccuracies and stereotyped characters, the camera work is "splendid", Howard's direction "dynamic and alluring" and the reconstruction of St Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel is "magnificent".

The film's success should prompt the Church to rethink the way it communicates its message, an editorial in the paper added, pointing out the"simplistic and partial" representation of the Church had captured the public imagination.

"It would probably be an exaggeration to consider the books of Dan Brown an alarm bell but maybe they should be a stimulus to rethink and refresh the way the Church uses the media to explain its positions on today's burning issues."

In the movie, Hanks reprises his role as Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon. When four cardinals are kidnapped and a bomb threatens the Vatican, Langdon is called in and his investigations lead him to a centuries-old secret society called the Illuminati.

The Da Vinci Code has taken $757 million worldwide despite being derided by critics. Hanks said of the two films: "We play fast and loose with an awful lot of fact, but a trickle of authenticity makes it plausible. It's not important, but it's fun."

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd