Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:10:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newnes Book Period Photo  (Read 2197 times)
Running Board

« on: 05 November, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »

Many years ago, I bought a set of “Newnes Engineering Works Practice” books, which, at £1 for all four volumes, I felt were not to be missed.  They’re not exactly riveting bedtime reading but handy to refer to now and again for specific information.  On just such an occasion the other week, I was delighted to discover this photograph of an Augusta undergoing work in a body shop somewhere.  The books date from about 1950, although many of the pictures in other chapters are certainly pre-war.

This photo is from a chapter entitled “Hand-Held or Portable Power Tools” which was written by a Mr M W Boyce, whom, it is stated, at that time worked for Black & Decker as their “Sales Promotion & Advertising” man. 

Note the operator’s lack of PPE!  Also, the sidelamps fitted to the car are the wartime Lucas/CAV (?) type.  The original print is not very good but just discernable are the distributor and leads, fuel filter/pipe/carburettor and Lockheed brake reservoir.  The wheels appear to be the Bibendum Rudge type having the original rolled rims. 

* scan0001webblog.jpg (44.8 KB, 320x198 - viewed 552 times.)

When it comes to Lancias, mine are State Of The Ark!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd