Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:18:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: series one fulvia steering  (Read 4032 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 06 May, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »

hi all,i need to replace two track rod ends and also one end of the centre control rod is worn.my spare ones seem to have larger diameter threads to my existing ones so i was wondering if anyone knows make/part.no.of suitable replacements.also i have been advised that certain Lada models share the same rod ends [this info came to light when a friend received some mail order Lancia ones which arrived in Lada packaging]so was hoping to obtain from the local motor factors who at present are not 100% sure if they can get the correct parts using their parts book ie it suggests that both ends of the track rod is r/h threaded which is not the case with my spare ones.any advice most welcome best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »

Richard

Yes S1 and S2 are different thread sizes and you need to identify right or left hand threads.

As quality of pattern parts in the past has been variable I would buy from Omicron for any extra cost involved.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »

If you were looking at Lada parts, I guess you have an S2-3 Fulvia. There were some similarities with contemporary Fiat parts although they are not the same.

S1 track rod ends are different and are apparently not remanufactured at the present time so one has to do with existing stocks. There is a rumor that production will start again, but it is not certain. You can fit S2-3 track rod ends to S1 Fulvias if you also change all the track rods to S2 ones.

S2-3 steering and suspension items are normally available from Italian manufacturing companies like FRAP or OCAP. I am not aware that these items are the same as on Ladas.
Best regards, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »

thanks Tim and Andrea.just to clarify which series are the larger and which are the smaller diameter?i have ended up with the larger diameter threaded track rod ends[firstline FTR4012 ]  and smaller diameter threaded track rods.if i have to use these larger ones does anybody have suitable trackrods for sale?also do i have to replace the centre control arm as a complete unit? best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

Richard

I believe the central track rod is one assembly - they are on e-bay.

Your FTR4012's are LADA so will be series 2 and as andrea says will need to change the track rods. I may have some but cant check until the weekend. They will be readily available s/h else where as well.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 07 May, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »

thanks Tim.seems like progress!do you or does anybody else happen to know the l/h threaded track rod end details to match TR4012.also i think i can use my spare centre control rod so things are looking up. best regards richard

nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »

Please note that the central tie rod is often the main cause of steering snatching. It would be false economy to change the track roid ends without replacing it as well. Fianlly, make sure there is no problem with the bushes of the steering idler box. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 11 May, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »

I got a set of track rod ends for a S1 from Omicron in the past few weeks, not expensive at all, and very quick delivery.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd