Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:01:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIAS ON FILM  (Read 119380 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #90 on: 16 February, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »

I was 13!!!!

Some things have changed so much whilst others not so. 8mph in the centre of many large towns at certain times of the day is still a totally unrealisable dream !!!!

Look at the construction sites, not a hard hat, steel toe cap boot or a fluorescent jacket in sight.

As for design standards on the motorway itself, no central reserve barrier, no impact protection for bridge piers or abutments. The hard shoulders are of minimum construction and not a piece of armco to help prevent errant vehicles from careering down embankments ......... all of this and no speed restriction!!! Oh, and of course 'one for the road' was simply the done thing!!!

Freer times, but not, I think, the good old days!!

Andy
I remember seeing a bad accident on the M1 between the A5 at Friars Wash J9, and the Hemel Hempstead turn J8, when a large lorry travelling south crossed the centre reservation and plowed into the north bound traffic, horrific accident and it wasn't so long after this they started adding the barrier to the central reservation, not before time!
Who needs a hard hat when a decent trilby was all you needed Wink

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #91 on: 16 February, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »

Check the car 23 seconds in.
Very interesting piece of film that brings back many memories of my youth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLaRH67dApI&sns=em

Brian
8227 Cool
and mine! That could well have been me driving one of the Maltby cars. GPA? or EGF?
 Regards, John
John,
I tried blowing the picture up but I still couldn't make out the registration number Sad

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #92 on: 17 February, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »

That film was much enjoyed.  Reminds me of Thunderbirds and Eagle comic cutaways.  I got drawn in by the link to this one as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgOxglry8Dw&sns=em

Bridges get protection and the hard shoulder colour coded but no central barrier.  Its interesting to see how little has changed since that time.  They did a pretty good job getting us from the Victorian era to something that has lasted my lifetime with every indication it will see me out.

Its easy to say "what happened to that spirit" but Crossrail is a very impressive project and the Olympic Park and its transport systems went up at a stunning pace.   The main London stations are now being transformed in a similar way to the "grand schemes" for Hyde Park Corner and Marble Arch.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #93 on: 17 February, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »

The spirit is still there David, in the sixties and seventies we led the world in suspension bridge design, just as we did when Isambard and his like ruled the engineering world The first Severn crossing and the Humber bridge were great engineering feats even if the latter was very poor value for money in transportation terms and was a purely political venture!!!

More recently it has been UK architects that have hit the headlines although when it comes to the tricky bits they then turn to the engineers!!!!!! That view is only a lot biased!!!

Perhaps one reason that we may have a relatively reduced presence on the world stage in  the field of large scale construction projects is that we live in a relatively small country and once led the world and thus most of our construction needs and requirements have already been met. People ask why we don't have sea and river defences of similar capability to those of the Dutch ....... one very good reason is that in the UK the great majority of our urbanised areas and farmland is above flood level, in Holland it is the opposite. So, they face a far greater risk from flooding and consequently have far superior flood defences!!

Most construction expenditure is needs driven, many of our needs have been met.

Andy   
sllim1946

« Reply #94 on: 17 February, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »

I love looking at the sign each time I come out of Schipol Airport that marks sea level about 2 metres above ground!

Also if you get the chance to see a great little film from the '60s called "The Tortoise and the Hare" - (by Pirelli I think) featuring an E type, a blonde and a Fiat petrol tanker - watch the opening scene in Rome -  quite a lot of Appias!

Brian Mills
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2014, 08:47:07 PM by sllim1946 » Logged

1961 Appia Berlina S3
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #95 on: 18 February, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »

Road building - the book and exhibition:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/wellington-arch/exhibitions-at-the-arch/current-exhibition/

David Laver, Lewisham.
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #96 on: 03 March, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »

Friday afternoon Chanel 5 the 1999 film directed by Franco Zeffirelli and scripted by John Mortimer 'Tea With Mussolini' telling the story of a young Italian boy's upbringing by a group of English and American women who refuse to believe that World War II will affect them in any way. Maggie Smith and Judy Dench are, as ever, superb.

Nice shots of an Augusta.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #97 on: 03 March, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »

Was that a Lancia bus they all left on for San Gimignano?

P

Frank Gallagher
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #98 on: 03 March, 2014, 04:01:21 PM »

Just watching reruns of Bergerac on BBC2, series 1 episode 10 starts with an overhead view of A40 Westway past Marylebone Road, and centre screen is a white or cream Beta Coupe

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
GT

« Reply #99 on: 06 March, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »

If you are a Sky subscriber then do catch the 'Rally de Monte Carlo Historique 2014' on Motors TV a repeat of which goes out at 6.25am tomorrow, Friday 7/3. Some great shots of Fulvia's and also a Stratos. The retro clips also featured Jean Claude Andruet in the Martini 037 from 1983 (or maybe '84?).

Motors TV 'Auto Mundial' is a weekly global review of the Automotive Industry, worth catching as it can be very informative. Fiat/Chrysler occasionally gets a mention but in episode 8 of the current series they featured the Lancia Delta HF in their 'Classic Tweet' of just over 2 minutes. Shown on a stand at a show was a German registered model 'K HF 83' minus a badge!     

Gerard Thorp.
2012 Musa 1.4 Bi-Colore Platino.
Previous liaisons with a Fulvia Berlinetta, Beta 1.4 saloon, 4 Delta's, Dedra 1.8, Elafantino Rosso Ypsilon and 2 Ypsilon 1.3 diesels.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #100 on: 08 March, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »

Brannigan's Tower Bridge scene. Same Flavia as in Sweeney film. The red mini apparently was the one which nearly ran over Frank Spencer whilst he wasonrollerskates.

* IMG-20140308-02450.jpg (22.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 739 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #101 on: 21 April, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »

From 'The New Avengers' via Pistonheads

* hK2ITK2s.jpg (37.03 KB, 692x487 - viewed 713 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
GT

« Reply #102 on: 09 January, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »

BBC 2 last Weds night 7/1, Supercars v Used Cars showed a job swap for 2 car salesman, one from London and the other from Bridgend. Joe Macari's showroom in SW London showed glorious Maserati's, Ferrari's and Lambo's so on the lookout for a Lancia obviously. Sure enough in the background outside the showroom and on the forecourt was a Maroon HF Integrale M35 DOY. Filmed last year sometime I wonder if it was sold to a club member? His current website shows the rare Delta S4 for sale at £240k if you're interested. Nothing spotted at the Bridgend garage!

If you are into Michael Portillo's 'Great Continental Railway Journeys' try his Rome to Taormina episode and see how many Ypsilon's you can count in Rome.     

Gerard Thorp.
Previous liaisons with a Fulvia Berlinetta, Beta 1.4 saloon, 4 Delta's, Dedra 1.8, Elafantino Rosso Ypsilon and 2 Ypsilon 1.3 diesels.
GT

« Reply #103 on: 13 January, 2015, 05:52:45 PM »

Catching up on pre Christmas recording of Spike Milligan: Love, Light and Peace shown on BBC 4 10/12/2014. Certainly not expecting to see a Lancia but what looks like to be BBC continuity link shot in London with 2 bowler hatted executives beside a Lambda with registration PX 4213. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tt1yj Scene is around 21'45" in.

Gerard Thorp.
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #104 on: 13 January, 2015, 07:32:20 PM »

BBC 2 last Weds night 7/1, Supercars v Used Cars showed a job swap for 2 car salesman, one from London and the other from Bridgend. Joe Macari's showroom in SW London showed glorious Maserati's, Ferrari's and Lambo's so on the lookout for a Lancia obviously. Sure enough in the background outside the showroom and on the forecourt was a Maroon HF Integrale M35 DOY. Filmed last year sometime I wonder if it was sold to a club member? His current website shows the rare Delta S4 for sale at £240k if you're interested. Nothing spotted at the Bridgend garage!

If you are into Michael Portillo's 'Great Continental Railway Journeys' try his Rome to Taormina episode and see how many Ypsilon's you can count in Rome.     

Also - did you notice the spoilerless Stratos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd