Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignition key stuck.  (Read 11498 times)
dlyris
Lapsed

« Reply #15 on: 20 April, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »

Hi Brian,

As you can probably see it is pressed in and with the key inside it does not depress. On the other side diametricaly opposite there is another round pin like this, also pressed in.

Regards

Dimitris

Best regards

Dimitris Lyris
Lancia Y10 Turbo 87
Running Board

« Reply #16 on: 20 April, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »

In my experience with other makes (dare I mention Chrysler, Ford etc?) you depress the spring loaded pin and pull the key and barrel out together but they will usually only come out when the lock is in the "ignition on" position.  As yours is not apparently "on", this may explain its reluctance to move!  Difficult to know how to advise from here as you really need to get the key to turn further (which is where we came in!).  It does sound like a good used assembly might be your best option. 

Morris.

When it comes to Lancias, mine are State Of The Ark!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 20 April, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »

Hi Brian,

As you can probably see it is pressed in and with the key inside it does not depress. On the other side diametricaly opposite there is another round pin like this, also pressed in.

Regards

Dimitris

You could try drilling out the pin as underneath it will be a spring and at the other side of the spring a brass end cap/pawl, once the pin is drilled out the spring and brass cap/pawl should come out, only problem then is if you wish keep the same barrel and key once you've sorted out why it's sticking, is that you need something to replace the pin you have drilled out to keep the end cap/pawl and spring in place .

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
dlyris
Lapsed

« Reply #18 on: 17 May, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »

Hi all,

The key problem is now fixed. I bought an ignition lock from a Y 10 Fire, replaced the cylinder so as to keep the old key and re-assembled the steering column. Thank you all for your help.

Best regards

Dimitris

Best regards

Dimitris Lyris
Lancia Y10 Turbo 87
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd