Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carbon footprint  (Read 3457 times)
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« on: 21 May, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

I just returned from testing the aprilia on its CO2 emissions in a friendly local garage before I go to the MOT next week.With a little adjustment as we tested, it is now producing a miserly 1.5 % emission and the limit to be achieved was 3% or under.This seems rather good for a 61 year old car.How does this compare with moderns , any ideas ?.
It clearly would suggest I have to drive as much as possible to help save the planet....
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »

An Aprilia, in cpmmon with all PVT cars, does not need to undergo emissions testing.  However, an impressive result suggesting even that your mixture is a little lean.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »

I just returned from testing the aprilia on its CO2 emissions in a friendly local garage before I go to the MOT next week.With a little adjustment as we tested, it is now producing a miserly 1.5 % emission and the limit to be achieved was 3% or under.This seems rather good for a 61 year old car.How does this compare with moderns , any ideas ?.
It clearly would suggest I have to drive as much as possible to help save the planet....

I presume what they were measuring was your CO (carbon monoxide) rather than CO2 - most of your exhaust gases with a modern or an old car would be CO2 or water vapour.  On a modern, CO, NOX (oxides of nitrogen) and hydrocarbon traces (unburnt fuel) should be in fractions of a percent.  However, for an old motor CO readings at the level you suggest, and for any pre cat car, are pretty good.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »

how right you are..in my elation at the better than expected results I started typing before engaging brain...

strangely, in the inverse "lewisiaan" universe I patrol I seemed to write this only a few minutes ago but as clearly evidenced below it was nearly a year ago of your earthly time...Maybe I should have mentioned Carbon 14 instead....

in either case I have strived to use the car more to save the planet as described...
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 07 March, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »

Well, we old car types are often accused of living in a time warp.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd