Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:23:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thankyou john turner!!!  (Read 4960 times)
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« on: 15 March, 2009, 06:23:01 PM »

had a trip to london at the weekend to visit my uncle for his 60th birthday bash, cracking night well worth the trip, anyway we left unusually sunny wrexham at about 11.30 am and arrived at london to meet my father at about 2.30pm, my dad had arranged to meet john so we could go and have a look at his augusta while the women were gettin their hair done Grin (GREAT THINKING ON HIS BEHALF),  anyway we were standing waiting for john unsure of what vehicle he would be in and low and behold a LAMBDA arrives!!!! I was absolutly landed!!!! i have vague memories of riding in the back of norman stuarts and don williamsons lambdas at a very young age but this was all before i became infected with the lancia bug we are all infected with, what an amazing car!!! the noise the way it went in a straight line and especially corners absolutly mind blowing for an 80yr old car!!!
I always look forward to going out with my uncle as its always a good venue but my highlight was the lambda this weekend, think my girlfriend is sick of hearing about it now but she will admit to also enjoying going for a ride in it too, keep up the good work on your projects both myself and dad were very impressed + it gave us some good conversation for the rest of the weekend, thanks jp

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

Aye, well, Gussies are great but Lambdas are better!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »

Well, they are all great, but I reckon Aprilias are best of all!

Colin
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 20 March, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »

concidering between myself and father we own 3 aprilia's i've never been in 1 yet!!!, i think its all called progresion, apparently my fathers astura is nicer to drive than a lambda (i cant personally comment as i havent driven a lambda)

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 21 March, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »

Gussies/Belnas are great fun if a little slower than Aprilias (which are a bit modern!). The Artena is stately but good for long distances, never driven an Astura but Lambda is better than any of the others I have driven.  I remember trying to follow John Maltby in his Lambda accros country and having great difficulty keeping up in a Fulvia coupe.

However for a real driving challenge try a Theta at least three hands are esential for steering changing gear and braking all at the same time and everything seems to work much more slowly except your speed.

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #5 on: 22 March, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »

I guess it depends on one's idea of "better" but taste changes towards older models as you age yourself I find.

perhaps we can settle on "all Lancias are equal, but some are a little more equal than others" ....?

It feels strange when I jump out of an everyday car into the Aprilia to then hear it described as "modern" but as soon as you drive it you known what is meant.... Smiley

I suspect the aprilia is the best Lancia if you consider it in terms of design criteria, and end result.... I guess the lambda is in terms of total ownership experience...(I would like both)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd