Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What radio  (Read 3741 times)
Philm
« on: 31 January, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

What radio/s was/were originally offered in the Zagato? I would like to fit a period radio into both of my Zagato's (I have a Junior Z as well as the Fulvia) and would like to get something not only period correct but also manufacturer correct. The ubiquitous Becker or Blaupunkt's are too..  well German!
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 31 January, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »

Voxson or Voxson were the typical period Italian after market radio, always quite a few on Italian E-Bay. At the time radios weren't generally fitted by the factory, they were fitted by the supplying dealership so there was no "proper" model, I guess Motorola or Pye were the UK after market radios.
Neil
« Last Edit: 31 January, 2009, 02:50:30 PM by ncundy » Logged

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »

My S1 Fulvia Coupe come to me with a Radiomobile 1085, a basic LW/MW radio which I believe is of 1972 vintage.
This is a UK made radio so was clearly an after market addition.
I'm not going to refit this to my car, so if it's of any interest drop me an email.
-David-

1968 Fulvia S1, 1.3 Rallye S - Sold
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 31 January, 2009, 08:59:16 PM »

I think that the Motorolo was the usual radio you would find in a Fulvia, but whatever you choose you can get it refurbished at  www.radios.freeserve.co.uk they will also add a headphone jack socket so you can play your MP3 player through it and can add FM without changing the look of the radio.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
RhysHF
« Reply #4 on: 01 February, 2009, 08:55:59 AM »

I have a Radiomobile 1070 in my Series 2 HF, which was fitted as an original component in the car. I have also looked in to getting an aux jack fitted so I can get a MP3 player working.

There is also another interesting discussion about this topic in the forum http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1114.0

Rhys
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd