Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:14:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Fulvia Zagato restoration  (Read 7127 times)
zagatoman
Lapsed

Looking a lot better

« on: 27 January, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »

Hi all

Found a great website from a chap in Australia that is restoring a Fulvia Zagato 1969, exactly like my one.

www.mylancia.com

I have found his detailed photographs thought the stages very informative.

If you like Zagatos or you just want to see someone strip and rebuild a car in detail, a great site

Still looking for bits for my Zagato series one, (see wanted section)

All the best, Paul

Paul

Series 1, 1.3 Fulvia Zagato 1969
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »

Wow, I have to say he has my admiration for restoring that bodyshell. But I think I would have looked for a better bodyshell in the first place because that is bad ! In mitigation I suppose they are very rare in Auz in any condition.

Top marks for getting stick in though, and all the best.

Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »

Wow, I have to say he has my admiration for restoring that bodyshell. But I think I would have looked for a better bodyshell in the first place because that is bad ! In mitigation I suppose they are very rare in Auz in any condition.

Top marks for getting stick in though, and all the best.

Neil

Hi Neil,
He bought it in the UK Huh? I suppose it was a case of finding a RHD as I don't think Australian Authorities like LHD cars but OMG!
Looks like a real bodge restoration in the 1980's though.
Be interesting to know it's UK Registration number.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 27 January, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »

One of the photos shows it to be ALR 89H. This number isn’t in the LMC 2000 list and neither is it in the Peter Pompilii register, nor its update which is being maintained by Roddy Young.

But what an ambitious restoration! Not sure about the wheels though.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 27 January, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »

i must confess to taking on a much worse one in JLG65K.95% of metal replaced below the waistline+replacement subframe,opening panels+most mechnical parts but i did have the chance to buy old stock panels/remaufactured panels at reasonable cost 15 years ago.i have not seen any of these available recently, so best of luck to the current restorer.also have not seen JLG65K recently

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 27 January, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »

reminds me of what my appia was like, blasting makes things 100 times easier when repairing and welding, its had some pretty rough repairs in the past but hat off to him he seems to be doing the job propperly at the mo though, nice to see others around the world suffering with tin worm Grin

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2009, 02:13:17 AM »

One of the photos shows it to be ALR 89H. This number isn’t in the LMC 2000 list and neither is it in the Peter Pompilii register, nor its update which is being maintained by Roddy Young.

But what an ambitious restoration! Not sure about the wheels though.

Hi Colin,
just had a quick look in the 1995 register but as that lists the members, then their cars afterwards, and it would mean looking through every member to see what cars they had listed, I've decided to leave it until I have nothing better to do Cheesy

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »

Now, now Brian – you are straying into sensitive territory! Back in December there were some exchanges of posts on this subject – see ‘Notes from November’s committee meeting’. These petered out with Harvey’s post on 17 December, which said: “Colin, I didn't say it marked the end of the printed register. That's a different discussion!” Which I interpreted as a coded way of telling us that the committee might still be thinking about it and one day we might get a new and updated register. And wouldn’t it be good if it included members’ phone numbers and email addresses as well as all the usual information about their cars?

Colin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 28 January, 2009, 11:12:30 PM »

Whoops Embarrassed never intended it to be controversial, surely you know me better than that.

Must admit I would prefer a hard copy with the information as you suggest but how would we stand with the Data Protection act? even if the Goverment drive a coach & horses through it to suit themselves?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Philm
« Reply #9 on: 31 January, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

Getting this back on thread, here's another one;

http://zagato.jimdo.com/photos.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: