Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:19:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your car on the big screen?  (Read 4184 times)
Harvey
« on: 06 November, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »

Cars required for set dressing for major new film

A film production is urgently seeking Italian cars from 1950 to 1956 to be background in the film production. The production company is willing to pay reasonable fees for car hire, and for the owner to "mind" the car on set. The film cast includes Daniel Day Lewis, Nicole Kidman and Judi Dench. Shooting will take place in London / Home counties during the next three months or so.

The director is requesting interested parties to submit photos of their cars (1 or 2 photos should suffice) to enable a selection to be made. The intermediary is Carol Corliss of AROC - please e-mail Carol at carolcorliss@hotmail.com with photos and any questions.

Once the director has selected cars from interested members, you will receive more information on the shooting schedule as it is formed.

(See also http://www.mahalo.com/Nine_Movie - it looks like cars will be safe; it's not a remake of Bullitt!)
Harvey
« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »

... and if your car does get requested, please let us know!
Aurelia Adam

« Reply #2 on: 29 November, 2008, 03:58:07 PM »

I offered my B20 GT but didn't even get a reply to my e-mail so won't be doing that again!

Anyone have any luck at all.

Adam T
Harvey
« Reply #3 on: 03 December, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »

I e-mailed Carol and she's sure she's acknowledged everyone who responded. I'll ask her to sift through and check just in case your e-mail got missed. Carol tells me she had "a lot of enquiries"!
Aurelia Adam

« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »

Just heard back from Carol, seems her reply was lost in the electronic ether.  Anyway, all is now clear and I'm busy with the polish awaiting my call to stardom.

Adam

Harvey
« Reply #5 on: 03 December, 2008, 01:08:34 PM »

We await with baited breath.  Smiley
Harvey
« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2009, 01:46:02 PM »

It's not looking too good. I've just had the following e-mail from Carol:

"I thought that I had better send word to you regarding the earlier requests for cars for filming.

Not one word has been heard from the person who contacted (Gary Weekes) regarding progress or any cars chosen and despite numerous attempts to e-mail and telephone, I have been unable to make any contact with this chap.

As you will I hope understand, I passed on the urgent request that came via the AROC office from him in good faith after his assurance that it was all going ahead and totally viable. Naturally, I am somewhat disappointed that we have not had the courtesy of at least being informed that no vehicles were required after all.  As I understood it, filming was due to commence the first week in January, so it is highly unlikely that any further news will materialise now.

Could you please pass on my apologies to your club members and thank them for the trouble taken and very prompt support.  If any other such needs arise, then I would inform you but only if pretty certain that the request was a little more firm than this."

Credit crunch hit filiming budget perhaps?
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

Are we downhearted! No sir. Lets do it anyway. Lancia goes to Hollywood - take one.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd