Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 August, 2019, 10:31:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia cars seen on the road  (Read 217660 times)
DavidLaver and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1110 on: Today at 06:13:52 PM »

Lovely grey Fulvia Saloon Southbound on the M6 this morning, probably on the way to the AGM? Driver waved to me whilst I was stood by the stranded Stratos replica...
 Lips Sealed Cry Cry
Don and Margaret Cross on the way to the AGM as you correctly surmised.
Vince De Angel in his white series 1 Fulvia Gte Berlina spotted you but only spotted you when goning past!
What was the problem, did you get it sorted🙄🤔
Brian
 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
1999 Suzuki Wagon R+ GL, now my daughters
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
SanRemo78
Megaposter

« Reply #1111 on: Today at 06:25:56 PM »

Not sure yet. It was running fine as I approached J14 and then the water temp gauge went to the stop. It was in the roadworks and I had little choice but to coast/drive it to a gap in the steel fencing. Almost no coolant in it but no blown hoses/obvious leaks.. I was recovered off the motorway where the AA turned up about 10 isn and refilled it. Ran it back up to temperature and it chucked the lot out of the expansion cap when he loosened it. He'd checked the water for evidence of gasses but that was ok (phew) so the diagnosis is failed thermostat/weak radiator cap/iffy water pump or fan belt.
Relay truck arrived at 11.30, home at 1.30. Spent a few hours trying to track down a thermostat for an Alfa 164 12v without much luck until I found a German supplier of an insert for the housing. Rad cap was much easier. Now I have to remove the fan belt to measure it and get another one ordered. After that it'll be a case of run it up to temp again on the driveway and see what happens.
Should be an easy fix, just frustrated it happened today.
The drive down to Silverstone Historic on the hottest day of the year was scary as it ran hot all the way down but no ill effects from that, fine all weekend and fine on the way home too.
Sorry I missed the second Fulvia! Probably missed others too!
Guy
« Last Edit: Today at 06:28:45 PM by SanRemo78 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd