Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:10:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Hawthorn Book Launch  (Read 3134 times)
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« on: 23 November, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »

On Friday a new book covering the life and death of Mike Hawthorn was published. Quite a gathering of enthusiasts were present at what was by all accounts a super occasion. My father said that Lancia cars and owners were very prominently in attendance, many from the LMC. It was reported on local BBC as well..........

http://www.mike-hawthorn.org.uk/thebooklaunch.php

The book has chapters on all his cars including his Lancias, with mention and memories of many people who will be familiar to LMC members.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »

should be good.enjoyed mon ami mate back in 1991 so will order one of these.the leather edition looks rather smart!are there any other motoring book collectors out there who may be interested in swaps etc?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
will

« Reply #2 on: 25 November, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »

Well guys I was there it certainly was an occasion not to miss.  The Hawthorne's B20 looked so good under the 2,000 watts of showroom lights.
It was certainly a credit to John Cundy. I always feel it's a shame that John did not fit the Abarth exhaust system with the four tail pipes that was fitted to the car when Mike owned the car. 

There we loads of Mikes personal items including his famous cap, his Jaguar car keys and his watch. The Jaguar showroom was surrounded with cars of the period, including a replica of the car Mike was killed in.

Aurelia B20 4th Series Appia 2nd Series  Kappa Coupe 3.0 24v V6
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2008, 03:14:49 PM »

Perhaps a bit ostentatious for my dad ! Also some reports say four, some say six but we have never been able to find any photos.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd