Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hooray for having a spare wheel  (Read 3116 times)
Harvey
« on: 27 October, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »

Thankfully the Platino specification includes a spare wheel, albeit a space-saver. An aerosol spray of sealant would have proven no use when my tyre decided to disintegrate on the M4 last week. The tread was still good despite it being on the car when I bought it two years ago, so no idea what caused the alarming incident. I've replaced both rear tyres with Pirelli, and probably won't ever buy Continental!

Having never suffered anything worse than a puncture, I confess the presence or absence of a spare wheel was not on my list of considerations. It's certainly on the list now.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

I've got continentals on the integrale .... brand new this year, hopefully to last a lifetime ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »

Well, they'd done 60k and still had loads of tread left, so can't fault the wear characteristics!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd