Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 03:37:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia on the Tour Britannia  (Read 3889 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 06 September, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »

For many a nasty wet week, but that's the ideal weather for an Aurelia GT and Adam Tindell has been doing us proud on the Tour Britannia.  From the event home page:  http://www.tourbritannia.com/

"10 Adam Tindell / Jon Frankel Lancia Aurelia B20 - This car was only put on the road again in March and has really performed well though today we did have to stop on the first Swynnerton thanks to some debris from the fuel tank blocking the supply. A little later some water got in the fuse box and cut out the radiator fan but that didn’t really cost any time. This is its first event and my first rally so we are quite pleased. And I hope you noted that it is in the identical colour to the Aurelia with which Louis Chiron won the Monte Carlo. Great event, want to do more.”

Some nice shots in the gallery.  I've reduced the size to attach here.

David

* TGB1.jpg (48.65 KB, 600x402 - viewed 361 times.)

* TGB2.jpg (63.22 KB, 600x400 - viewed 390 times.)

* TGB3.jpg (86.69 KB, 600x400 - viewed 398 times.)
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2008, 09:12:09 AM by DavidLaver » Logged

David Laver, Lewisham.
Aurelia Adam

« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »

David

Thanks for spreading the word about my entry on the Tour Britannia.

Pleased to report that RPM 388 upheld the tradition of the "B20 GT giant-killer" and finished 2nd in class, beating the likes of a Ferrari 275 GTB4, Porsche 356 driven by Nick Faure, Jag XK120 with a 3.8 engine 5-speed and discs, and a Aston DB Mk3.

It was a tough event, partly due to the awful weather, covering the best part of 750 miles in 3 days, 4 race tracks plus lots of soaked special stages.  Not only was the Aurelia the 2nd oldest car (the above XK was in theory older), but certainly the most original, not to mention the most beautiful.

Other than blocked fuel filters due to dirt in the tank, it was totally reliable, secure and comfortable, covering the miles with ease such that it felt it could do it all over again - not sure I could without a bit of rest though!

I'll write the story up for Viva Lancia but all in all, a great event.

Adam
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »

It's great to know that you're here Adam, I'm very impressed with the event and your efforts and look forward to seeing the write up in VL!

Looking forward to mine being old enough to qualify for these sort of things ... Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Aurelia Adam

« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2008, 08:59:42 AM »

Steve

Many thanks for your kind comment.

It did occur to me as we splashed around yet another flooded race track that the Integrale would be the ideal car for the event.

So fingers crossed for you in the near future.

Adam
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »

Adam : also looks very good in this month's VL! going up the hill ... in fact all three cars look fantastic it has to be said.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd