Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 02:01:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B20 GT Wheels  (Read 2505 times)
Aurelia Adam

« on: 12 August, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »

Can anyone help me source some alternative wheels for my '55 B20 GT 4th Series?

It is currently running the standard "rolled rims" with Michelin X 165/400 which are fine for normal use but I want to go racing so I need to fit 15 or 16 inch Dunlop Race Tyres.

This means either sourcing or making up a set of welded steel rims or buying a set of alloys that fit properly.  On that point, I've tried a set of Heinbrand alloys but they scrape the sliding pillar cap so would require that to be ground back or the fitment of about 12mm of spacers - neither option acceptable to my mind.

I've contacted the leading lights in the Aurelia world (UK that is) but whilst very understanding and helpful, cannot offer any immediate solution.

So if anyone can help me, please contact me on atindell@fsmail.net

Many thanks in advance

Adam Tindell
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

Hi Adam,
I know you are aware of this but other readers might not - I have a new set of Heinbrand 15" wheels which are available for sale and these have been successfully fitted to several B20's. A small spacer might be needed on the fronts and possibly longer wheel studs but nothing terribly complex.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd