Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 08:39:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ?Short arse tourer  (Read 3201 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 14 April, 2023, 08:01:09 AM »

This has come to my notice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17otnByw-4

I remember in Bath in 1968 - 70 that Roland Grasebrook had a shortened Astura with a rather nice open body a bit like a B24 which was know as the short arse tourer or alternatively the Costalotti.
Either this is the same car and Michael Scott did not own it for a bit or there are two short Astura tourers.

There was also the prototype Dilambda tourer that Peter Wigglseworth owned in the 70s - where is that now?   I remember driving it briefly perhaps on the way back from Torino 1970.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2023, 08:37:12 AM »

It is the same ex-Ron Barker car that in recent years was restored under Michael Scott’s ownership with a new body based on sketches made by Ron Barker. The narrator in the video is Ivan Dutton, well known genius restorer of Bugatti and other fine cars.
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2023, 08:39:59 AM »

Just fabulous!

Thank you David for the link - I see many hours of watching those videos in front of me!

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2023, 11:32:57 AM »

Very interesting. I saw this book a while ago. Anyone know where to obtain a copy? I will ask VL readers.

Richard

* Screenshot_20220625-072421.png (351.52 KB, 720x1280 - viewed 63 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
CesareFerrari

« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2023, 11:45:11 AM »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in the November 'Automobile' the Ronald Barker Astura special is advertised for sale by W.W. Heale Historic Motor Cars. It does not appear on the firm's website however.
Cesare
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 27 October, 2023, 12:44:23 PM »

I saw Michael driving the Steady Special a couple of months back, by Kingston bridge the weekend of the Hampton Court Concours of Elegance, whilst on my way down to the Beaulieu autojumble. 

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd