Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
01 May, 2024, 08:07:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seat cover  (Read 281 times)
Spider2

« on: 22 March, 2024, 05:06:45 PM »

My drivers side (LHD) seat bolster has split so am looking either for a seat back or a firm who supplies the cover. My local uphostlerer says it is a difficult job to repair as it is all hand stiched. This is for a S1 sport.
Cheers
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2024, 07:39:47 PM »

Have you got a photo of the split? Has the seam come undone? My seat base covers have needed a couple of repairs I've sewn by hand. Wasn't too difficult if a little slow. Also there is a previous repair panel sewn in.
Spider2

« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2024, 02:39:42 PM »

Hi Howard,
I do not have a picture because the seat back is at the upholsterers. It is only about 3 inches, by the drivers shoulder, that has become unstitched. The Vynyl has not split. I guess it is quite an easy job, once the cover is off. Was that an offer from you! LOL! I could find a couple of nice bottles from the cellar if you are interested.
Cheers
Simon
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2024, 04:38:10 PM »

Not exactly an offer, more a case of encouragement and blind leading blind advise!

However, for wine.....

Actually I'd like to know how the backs are removed and the covers come of as I reckon re- foaming is required on mine......and the head rests don't move well on one seat, not at all on the other.
Spider2

« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2024, 08:43:15 PM »

Mine is a series 1 Sport so there are no headrests. The seat back came off by undoing the two phillps head screws that hold the hinge to the frame of the seat back. The cover appears to be held tight in place by hand sewn twine around the bottom edge. Perhaps I will attemt it myself
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd