Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 April, 2024, 10:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanalone tracking setting  (Read 1008 times)
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« on: 26 September, 2023, 09:29:44 PM »

Hi, does anyone have the tracking setting for a 1.6 HF series 1? I had a track rod replaced but would like to check this.
Thanks (and I need to get a manual again, having given my old ones away).
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2023, 07:35:49 PM »

Just had a look at my concise repair shop manual…..

Camber with car under static load +2degrees on 1.3 models, -1 degree on 1.6 coupe

Toe out setting under static load……1-3 mm on all models

There is a very complex procedure that follows, which I struggle to follow……let me know if you need it.

Cheers Charles
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2023, 08:46:52 PM »

Thanks Charles that is helpful and probably all I need.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2023, 07:49:37 PM »

Had the tracking done on my Fulvia this morning. I asked for 10 mins toe out on each front wheel as I'd been advised that this was the correct figure. The garage asked for camber and caster angles as the laser machine required to know. These figures were in the handbook even though they are unadjustable.

What I learned this morning is that the clamps that hold the track rod to the ball joints at the inner end will foul the body if not oriented correctly.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 01 October, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »

That’s interesting. I suppose modern tracking instruments use light beams and mirrors to determine the angle of alignment, all very clever. 10 minutes of 1.0 degree works out to be the equivalent of about 1.0 mm of toe-out at the rims. In ancient times I used an improvised giant caliper to set mine to about 2.0 mm, which seemed correct.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2023, 09:15:55 PM »

I considered making an accurate timber frame to hold strings but thought better of it!
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 02 October, 2023, 09:36:00 AM »

I use a "Trackace Laser Wheel Alignment" setup which costs about £75 which I find very effective.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCo72Fyrao&ab_channel=Britishbusinessman
Simon B

« Reply #7 on: 06 October, 2023, 12:03:51 PM »

The Trackace looks good Frank, do you load the car in anyway before checking as the dimensions quoted for toe out are with the car under static load?

Does anyone know how much difference unloaded vs loaded suspension makes to tracking dimensions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd