Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:46:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancias in Auto Italia  (Read 31429 times)
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« on: 17 July, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »

The latest issue of Auto Italia has just dropped through my door.  There is a good level of Lancia content including a Classic Coupes group test with a Fulvia coupe (the S3 car previously owned by James Parry), John Simisters review of the new Delta, and a small piece on the Prisma.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
eyore
« Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »

What an improvement in the magazine (apart from the Lancias) its actually starting to look professionally done. I subscribe and am infuriated by their Alfa bias. Angry
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

I agree.  I usually feel rather disappointed each month when the magazine arrives and there is virtually no Lancia content.  It is infuriating that they seem to be biased towards Alfa.  Maybe this will start to change when Lancia does finally return to these shores!

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »

Don't hold your breath Angry

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2008, 08:11:38 AM »

Absolutely no damned interest in my car, despite it being about the best in the country now (not difficult, so no boasting intended  Undecided).  That's no different from a couple of the other classic car magazines where I've also sent pictures for the 'readers cars' sections, but I rather imagined Auto Italia might actually be interested, since my car is Italian.  Maybe the Delta's 30th birthday next year and the launch of the new Delta will stimulate them, but I am not holding my breath.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 18 July, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »

Back in 1999 when I brought my Ypsilon elefantino Rosso in as a personal import I asked AutoItalia if they were interested,  at the time the only Rosso here was Richard Thorne's demonstrator, they weren't interested unless I could take her to a photo shoot somewhere and at a time to suit them.
As far as I can recall they have never done a write up on the elefantino Rosso.

A least "Fay" did appear in a Fulvia group shoot in Oxfordshire with a 1.3 Coupe, a Fanalone, Colin Marrs Sport, good day Grin  but at the pub later guess who wound up paying for the beers Cry

Brian
8227 Cool

* DSCF0015.JPG (317.09 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 351 times.)

* DSCF0017.JPG (321.79 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 365 times.)

* DSCF0001.JPG (312.9 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 368 times.)

* DSCF0016.JPG (312.8 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 362 times.)

* DSCF0007.JPG (321.9 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 364 times.)

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 18 July, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »

Yep, AI is a good read this month ....

Just wondered the new Delta has a sliding rear door .... I haven't heard mention of that anywhere else except for the pic in AI ... is that both rear doors ?

The Fulvia is lovely (it was the article I read first!) and I caught the Prisma bit too ...

... and I agree with you Chris , your car should be there ... but then they could do the whole delta family tree !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 18 July, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »

They surely mean sliding rear seat, the doors definitely open conventionally!  The seat slides back and forth, I understand in two parts based in the one third / two thirds split.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 18 July, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »

... have a look at the photo in AI then ... Smiley .... it's a sliding door ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 18 July, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »

This may be the answer : from lanciapress (4 / 6 / 2008):

The Lancia Delta can be outfitted with some special devices in accordance with the principles of the Autonomy programme. Fiat launched this initiative in 1995 to build individual and collective transport means and services for those with reduced motor capacity, keeping pace with new product developments, and to promote access of the differently able to the world of motoring.

During the days devoted to the press presentation of the new model, a specially-equipped car will be exhibited as a significant example of the numerous available possibilities. Prepared by Kivi – one of the various bodybuilders that works with Fiat Group Automobiles in the sector of special equipment for assisted mobility – this Lancia Delta is equipped with an electronic ring accelerator located under the steering wheel and a long-armed brake lever complete with brake lock and horn. Customers can also enjoy an electric roller door system. The rear left-hand door is sliding, so that a wheelchair can be easily loaded behind the driver’s seat by means of a winch.

Right from the launch stage, Lancia Delta customers are therefore able to obtain the car that best meets their requirements and needs. All these devices are easy to install and fit perfectly into the passenger compartment without impairing car user-friendliness, passenger room, comfort and safety. They can also be fitted alongside standard controls to enable the car to be driven by people without motor difficulties as well, and can be easily removed with the advantage that the car can be resold as a specially-equipped car or a normal car. Lastly, many financial allowances are available for differently able customers.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
YKR 567J
« Reply #10 on: 18 July, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »

Two things:

Yes, the sliding doors are indeed a special-order option. The car pictured with them was at the launch to illustrate the Autonomy programme, but the caption-writer didn't quite grasp that the sliding doors aren't standard. I had no idea AI was going to use that picture.

Continuing to wear my AI contributor's hat, I shall endeavour to get Chris Owen's Delta in the magazine. As suggested, a very good time would be next year to coincide with the 30th anniversary and the arrival of the new Delta in the UK. I'd even like to write the story as I remember the Delta when new, having written a test for Motor magazine on the Delta GT in 1984.

Make that three things: I wouldn't say AI has a deliberate Alfa bias. It certainly isn't intended, and Phil Ward's own inclinations are, if anything, towards interesting old Fiats. If there's more coverage of Alfas than of anything else, it's probably because there are more Alfa stories to report. Anyway, the next AI will contain an engine story from me on the Aurelia V6.

John
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 18 July, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »

John - you are a gentleman and a scholar  Grin as i think I've said before on these pages.  It would be good to meet you - this will make you feel old (sorry  Undecided) but I remember your name from my adolescence reading Motor and Car (I recall you wrote for both at various times?).  I was a Motor regular, and really sad when it got swallowed up by Autocar - in my view always its inferior rival in terms of the quality of writing.  I'm sure there is a good Delta anniversary feature waiting to be written.  I also noticed that someone has a decent 1500 for sale in this month's VL (82 model, up in Scotland I think) so clearly there is at least one survivor of these in the country.  Be interesting to see if we can get examples of all the variants for a group feature.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 18 July, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »

Good ... I glad I wasn't seeing things !

If you ever want a group feature mine is up for that Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
YKR 567J
« Reply #13 on: 18 July, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »

Right, so a pristine 1300 and a late Integrale so far. I can see it working very nicely if we add an HF Turbo, preferably a carburettor one in Martini stripes, and the oldest Delta of any sort that we can find to show where the story started. That would give the broadest spread of impressions. Any volunteers? We'd need to do it next May or June to publish in time for the July Delta UK launch.

Yes, both Motor and Car, and various others at different times. All very enjoyable except when Motor was consumed by Autocar in Sept 1988, which was a sad time. I wrote Motor's last word, which ended a sentence whose second clause read 'Simister has the last word'. It was in an inside back cover running report on a spectacularly troublesome Volvo 480.

John
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 18 July, 2008, 05:05:24 PM »

Think we would want an early 1500, and a 1600GT of some description, to complete that initial trio.  But sounds a runner, and I'm up for it.  John, my car will definitely be at the NEC, on the LMC stand, if you want to see it beforehand.  Time to get the wheels done, I think...!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd