Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 April, 2024, 08:31:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia series 1 lower wishbones  (Read 627 times)
John.Morton50

« on: 28 February, 2023, 11:10:58 AM »

Another technical issue I need advice on - when I rebuilt the suspension I had to replace both lower wishbones as they were damaged in an accident and the ones I found on ebay turned out to have been modified to HF specification ie for negative camber. Now the car is running and has an MOT I find that the steering lacks any self-centring. It is most noticeable a low speeds on say a roundabout, when it feels like it wants to go round in circles forever.
I would like to find some unmodified wishbones and swap them out. The only ones I can see are in fact new old stock for series 2 coupes. I understand these lack the plate for the bump stop, but are all the dimensions the same as a series 1? Any advice gratefully received!
Spider2

« Reply #1 on: 28 February, 2023, 02:34:31 PM »

That is sad to hear about the steering because this is the major feature that makes Lancia's stand out against the rest. My steering is just sensational compared to my Alpha spider.
I just "think" where to point the car and it seems to follow my wishes. I have only been to one track day (Goodwood 2021) and was amazed how it handled. I even managed a moderate amount of oversteer and letting the steering wheel slip an inch through my fingers corrected the back end immediately. Amazing. You MUST get it sorted. Maybe a machine shop can modify/weld the bump stop?
Hope to get to Goodwood 2023
Cheers
Simon
S1 sport
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd