Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 11:29:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia PF coupe resurrection  (Read 11504 times)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #60 on: 11 March, 2023, 11:35:33 AM »

Richard, if Kevin is feeling really masochistic that very engine may be available as it is now back in Martin Buckley's hands, the Berlina having finally been broken for spares, and the 20 year interregnum has probably welded the studs back in place.

Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #61 on: 12 March, 2023, 04:31:55 PM »

I should clear up a previous non commital post. But didn't want to jump the gun, in case of any deviation until it happens, not that I've any doubts really, just it doesn't pay to assume all the time that things always will go to plan..

The aim when I got the Flaminia was to save the car and find a buyer. The thought that it may get scrapped was a terrible thing to comprehend. So I bought the car for an honest price to be fair to the family selling it and agreed that I'd do all I could to find a buyer that would cherish the car and return it to its' former glory rather than advertise it through the usual channels and risk it being broken for spares, the right buyer being the single most important thing rather than trying to make a quick profit, or at least try and recover my costs! If worst came to worst I said I'd repair the car myself...

When nobody else came along with the enthusiasm to take on a rusted 60 year old car that hadn't moved in over 40 years with a seized engine to boot then I realised there really must be a shortage of people with the required level of blinkered, rose tinted spectacles view on these old project cars, a lonely place in this club of madness it seemed!
So I took it upon myself to make the car either more appealing to a buyer by at least attempting to make the engine a going concern, and if that still failed to produce interest then I'd embark on doing the required welding and a brake overhaul to make it a running and driving car, surely that would entice someone along? Or by then I'd have fallen for the cars lovely details and promise of V6 cruising ability, interest peaked by conversation with Mitka and some video of his car saw to that.

Then along comes an enquiry and a viewing.
I have firm hopes that the car has found the right guy. All will become clear in the next few weeks. I don't want to jump the gun by naming names, although he can if he so wishes, but the car should move on to a new and exciting phase very soon.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Mitka

« Reply #62 on: 12 March, 2023, 10:41:37 PM »

Fingers crossed it will get a good home! You have definitely put some effort into it.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #63 on: 25 March, 2023, 09:00:57 AM »

Kevin

I have spare heads and engines should you need them

Dave

Came across this in VL......I can only assume can also be used on a Flaminia engine.

"AURELIA HEADS

I read Barrie Crowe's article on Aurelia heads with some interest. Having once stripped a second series engine, the following tip is useful:

I got rid of all the studs by locknut- ting them, and liberally spraying Rocol wire rope spray beforehand, leaving it for 24 hours. Result - studs came out easily in one hour flat. It was written up in the Newsheet at the time. Hopefully this tip will save a lot of bad language and skinned knuckles!

Ted Bates."

P

Frank Gallagher
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #64 on: 29 March, 2023, 05:56:53 PM »

Sounds like it might be worth a go...Kevin will be passing the Flaminia onto me so we will see how I feel about a pulling plate similar to the one I made for my Appia. I might be wrong but I don't think the engine has been ran since the late 70's...so the heads will be fairly stuck, however we will be steady away on the Flaminia as the Appia still need a fair bit of work.
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #65 on: 29 March, 2023, 06:37:24 PM »

Got this off a FB feed, nicely presented, confirming what we all knew!

P

* Screenshot_20230327-091446.png (811.65 KB, 720x1600 - viewed 58 times.)

Frank Gallagher
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #66 on: 29 March, 2023, 07:11:35 PM »

I'm sure that it will be useful to the new owner, which it should arrive at very soon.
I would have loved to have heard it running and even have a drive, but an enthusiastic new owner wants to do the car justice and make a proper job of it and that makes me happy that it has found the right guy.
I can then move onto my Flavia, once everything else is done!

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #67 on: 30 March, 2023, 11:50:30 AM »

An aircraft restorer friend always points out to me that WD40 is a water dispersant not a penetrating and releasing fluid. I've been using ATF-acetone mix for years.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #68 on: 30 March, 2023, 01:03:20 PM »

I use Kano, which is expensive but so much better than WD-40, a can, can last a long time if you only use it for it’s proper purpose, also I like the smell.   

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #69 on: 30 March, 2023, 02:27:04 PM »

An aircraft restorer friend always points out to me that WD40 is a water dispersant not a penetrating and releasing fluid. I've been using ATF-acetone mix for years.

True Frank, but apparently WD40 has morphed into a sort of  chemical Swiss army knife and has lots of quite different uses!

P

Frank Gallagher
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #70 on: 31 March, 2023, 09:30:35 AM »

The most left field use for WD40 I ever heard was freeing up egg-bound chickens!
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #71 on: 13 April, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »

Well, the car is near to its next journey. Nephew Dedra lent a hand in getting into position!  Grin
Tyres now pumped up ready for the collection Saturday morning for the trip up North.

* IMG_20230413_153246.jpg (1778.63 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 60 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #72 on: 19 April, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »

The car is now in it's new home on Teesside. it is in a queue so will be a while before it will get any attention but will be nice and dry.
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd