Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 03:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta off to a good start...  (Read 5223 times)
toby2449
« on: 02 July, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

with the Delta being launched on 21st June, Lancia Italy has now taken 5000 orders for the car!
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 July, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »

enough for homologation ? ........... shhhhhhhhhhhh don't mention the war .... sorry couldn't resist

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 July, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »

The risk is that with demand like that, the factories will be so overwhelmed that RHD will get delayed...AGAIN! Undecided

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
toby2449
« Reply #3 on: 02 July, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »

Hopefully Lancia will set production up properly, & their forecasts on supply/demand will be spot on, i think they'll have to ensure RHD production starts on time!
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 02 July, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »

They'll have you and me to answer to if not - and they won't like me when I'm angry... Shocked

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #5 on: 02 July, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »

I don't think the test will be if they can sell you one fast enough but if their equally fast to help you with the service afterwards.That is the real test of creating loyalty again.I think service and back up has always been the trouble area and we often bought the cars in spite of it.
lee69
« Reply #6 on: 02 July, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

If the Bravo is currently being sold with 5 years unlimited mileage warranty, will Delta?
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 02 July, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »

and read the small print. is it five years or 3 +2 (with different requirements to claim warranty in the last 2)?. We had a 2 +1 and the last year was a pain because of the "get out" clauses.
Alan Temple

« Reply #8 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »

I don't think the test will be if they can sell you one fast enough but if their equally fast to help you with the service afterwards.That is the real test of creating loyalty again.I think service and back up has always been the trouble area and we often bought the cars in spite of it.

You'll be glad to hear that "key European markets" will be getting 24 hour assistance so if anthing goes wrong help will be available 24/7. I can't remember the precise details but it all sounded pretty impressive. BTW, the UK was one of the "key markets" along with Italy, France and Germany.

ABTW. I don't see motorsport as "don't mention the war" at all. That's how I got into Lancia in the first place. My issue was not to compare the new Delta to the integrale.

If they did do an all singing all dancing "integrale" version I would be first in the queue, but I'll also be first in the queue for the new Delta as it is, as my Grandad was with the original 1979 Delta, of which he had one of the first 1500's! Well in actual fact my Dad got it for him.
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #9 on: 03 July, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »

To be honest all this free recovery stuff is just a distraction in my book.It sounds fine but its not the reason you buy the car.There are often so many get outs  (not just with fiat of course) that by the time you take advantage of it it's hardly worth the bother.If they are confident they just give a full warranty for 5 years without quibbles.The rest are just gimmicks.

The delta is appearing in tests in Belgium at the moment in the mainstream weekly motoring mags and comes out ok against the competition in general terms. It will be in the showrooms in the next couple of weeks I think.Frustratingly due to other commitments I missed a chance to drive one around the circuit of Spa francochamps last weekend....bugger.

The specific question of lancia being linked to motorsport (f1 etc) is specifically answered with a definite no in publications over here f(rom inside lancia and fiat).It started as a misunderstanding and is not the intention.it does not mean they won't build an Integrale though, but I wouldn't hold your breath...
Alan Temple

« Reply #10 on: 03 July, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »

Agree on the distraction thing but from what Oliver Francois said it would be more than recovery as in centres that would be open 24/7 for servicing etc to suit clients. He also told me that the F1 thing was rubbish, as I previously mentioned. I'm not holding my breath for an integrale version as I don't think it will happen either. Just trying to be a bit more understanding of people hopes.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd