Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
23 April, 2024, 06:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch  (Read 1150 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 28 September, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »

My Aprilia clutch (a series 2 or late series 1 clutch I believe (190mm diameter) has always juddered and has just started to slip so I have taken it apart.   The plate is scarcely worn, being 9mm thick (a new White Hen clutch plate which would fit but is slightly smaller diameter is 10mm thick).   Two of the flat springs locating the driven plate are broken - which probably explains the judder.    The spring is 83mm deep - how does this compare with others?
Has anyone got any ideas how I should proceed please?

* IMG_0471 (Copy).JPG (431.89 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 72 times.)

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2022, 05:10:50 PM »

Someone did get the springs remade, can't remember who, but I think that it may have been on the Forum

I will check out various clutches tomorrow, but from memory you can fit an earlier , albeit smaller, clutch assembly to the same flywheel - the holes are I think in the same position

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2022, 08:15:19 PM »

I do have an earlier driven plate which would probably fit the White Hen disc one but the engine is rather more powerful than standard so I am reluctant especially in view of the slippage!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2022, 05:23:02 AM »

Do you think that the extra power added to the breakage ?

I know that the springs do fracture and people have remade them, could you do the same but beefed up ?

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2022, 08:35:20 PM »

I guess I can get the springs remade but the real problem is the slippage for which I can see no good reason.   Is the main spring strong enough?   How long are other peoples' springs?  Should I turn up a ring to increase the compression?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd