Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:03:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S1 fuse panel  (Read 1108 times)
ColinRob

« on: 06 July, 2022, 09:08:12 AM »

Hello All, I'm new here and hoping someone can help with explaining which circuit is controlled by which fuse on my 65 S1 Fulvia.

The car was restored some years ago but not by me and I have little information about its history (its LHD, orignally sold in Italy and then moved to Germany).

I have attached some photos; there is a sticker at the base of the panel with some Italian names but I have been unable to translate these, since it all looks rather dirty and a little rusty in places I am thinking of carefully cleaning it up as I do have a few electrical issues (some of the lights, horn in operable) so this seems a good starting point.

Thanks for any pointers.

Colin

* 20220705_143816.jpg (1256.65 KB, 2970x2728 - viewed 65 times.)

* 20220705_143800.jpg (2562.92 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 70 times.)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »

In your picture from the left: reverse lights, dashboard, dipped right light, dipped left light, main headlights, lights warning bulb, horn, various accessories, ignition.
From memory I thought that these labels are not quite correct (obtained from another model??) but I may well be wrong.
In your pics the whole system appears to need a very systematic cleaning. Check the operation of the horns by connecting each one in turn to the battery with very temporary wires. I noted that the horn fuse is the one looking very new, suggesting a recurrent problem. This may also be in the horn button contact on the steering wheel. Good luck, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
ColinRob

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2022, 05:13:12 PM »

Thanks, I do, indeed, plan to give the whole assembly a good clean and ensure the contacts are good. I m fairly certain that there is something amiss with the wiring in the car and it seems obvious to start here; I have taken the horn button and the chrome ring off and investigated that and there is no power there, also the contraption at the base of the steering column looks to need a thorough clean too. I suspect no-one was too bothered about the horn when the car was rebuilt as the rest of the car is in good shape, no rust, good paint, nicely re-trimmed interior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd