Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 07:43:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stance  (Read 1414 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 17 June, 2022, 04:09:17 PM »

I am currently working on replacing the sliding pillars om Old Boot, my VIIIth platform chassis Weymann Sports Saloon.    I am pondering the castor angle as I do so.   It seems to me that she is too high at the back, maybe the rear springs are too curved.    Could someone please measure the height of their chassis at front and rear?     It would be helpful to know the distance between the ground and the underside just behind the radiator frame and just in front of the front rear-spring hanger.   Insofar as I can see, the underside of the chassis is a straight line but I do not know if it should be parallel to the ground or not.    Also, how long should the front spring be?   I had thought I had replaced mine many years ago but I find that the springs I have fitted are slightly different lengths and the spare in the cupboard is even longer!
« Last Edit: 17 June, 2022, 04:12:59 PM by davidwheeler » Logged

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2022, 07:01:03 AM »

Hi David,  I think the lenght of the front springs in unloaded condition is less important, as they are quite a bit compressed when mounted   They should be the same rating when compressed to 255 mm.  This rating is engraved on the top of the springs on original ones.  For a late series saloon I would think something close to 300kgs...
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2022, 07:35:27 AM »

New springs are currently "unavailable" but the ones I have are almost long enough so have gone back in.   I still would like to know the height of the chassis above the ground front and back please.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd