Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:03:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Oil Pressure  (Read 857 times)
willoroe

« on: 07 June, 2022, 04:14:09 PM »

My Flaminia PF Coupe has very low oil pressure. When the engine is started the pressure is 3 or 4 bar but once the engine is warmed up the pressure drops below 1 and the warning light comes on.
I'm inclined to think that the problem is a worn oil pump, although I don't have any measurements to support this idea.
The odometer says 15,000km which I presume is 115,000.
Replacement gears are available for the oil pump which might be a simple fix, so I have a few questions:
    1. Has anyone experience of low oil pressure on these engines and what was the cause?
    2. Does anybody know if the oil pump can be worked on without removing the engine from the car?
       The workshop manual says remove the engine before disassembling the sump and oil pump.
    3. My intention is to keep the car and use it, so should I just bite the bullet and go for a full engine rebuild?

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Willo

1960 Flaminia PF Coupé
1962 Alfa Giulietta Spider
1969 Wolseley Hornet MkIII
2007 Alfa 159
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2022, 06:00:48 PM »

Mine drops to 1.5 /2 bar at 1000rpm when properley warm.
I suppose there is a separate sender for the gauge and warning light. Also my dashboard gauge is accurate compared with my test gauge, (which is a handy tool). Pressure relief valve suspect?
The only access I know is when I have used my rotary tool down the distributor hole for initial pressurisation.
Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd